Cool, thanks. I'd like to pull the trigger before tonight's NYY/BOS series starts. I've been to the site and read up on it but still not sure how it works with Amazon Firestick, etc.

So I'm paying $163 for the MLB Extra Innings HD package which surprisingly includes access to MLB.tv which I can get on my Apple TV. It includes every game in HD on Comcast & access to every broadcast, so I can flip between Rockies & Pirates broadcasts of the same game.

MLB.tv is similar except you can also get the radio broadcast from either team. I haven't tried that yet, but I've enjoyed watching games both ways. The Apple TV broadcasts buffer for a few seconds, but the quality is amazing. Edit: I had to create an MLB.com account in order to get into MLB.tv on my Apple TV.

I read up on the single team's package and can't remember how that worked.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm paying $163 for the MLB Extra Innings HD package which surprisingly includes access to MLB.tv which I can get on my Apple TV. It includes every game in HD on Comcast & access to every broadcast, so I can flip between Rockies & Pirates broadcasts of the same game.

MLB.tv is similar except you can also get the radio broadcast from either team. I haven't tried that yet, but I've enjoyed watching games both ways. The Apple TV broadcasts buffer for a few seconds, but the quality is amazing. Edit: I had to create an MLB.com account in order to get into MLB.tv on my Apple TV.

I read up on the single team's package and can't remember how that worked.

Thanks for the info. I've done E.I> package a bunch in the past but frankly don't have the time or need for all the games. I read that the Amazon Firestick (which we have) can be used for the single game package but wanted to hear about quality, which you answered with note to Apple TV (whatever that is).

I guess you can stream on Android/computer, too, as long as you (I) can log into my MLB.com acct, right?

I have thought about getting that. And then realized all the Pirate home games would be blacked out. I am thinking of getting ride of cable. But I would not be able to watch baseball games if I did. 

Yes. True. I live around the Boston footprint, so I already get NESN to watch the Red Sox. I can't watch those games on MLB Extra Innings or MLB.tv. They get blacked out.

I get out of work at 10pm EST on 4 out of the 5 week nights, so I like to come home and catch a West Coast game.

One of the benefits of switching from Directv to Hulu + Live TV is more regional sports access. I now get Fox Sports North and, therefore, most of the Twins games!

Yeah, I'm looking to ditch DirecTv....

Yeah, I'm looking to ditch DirecTv....

The only thing I miss is Comedy Central, and not really that. I only watched the Daily Show, and only when they have guests I'm interested in since Trevor Noah took over. I can catch most of that online. Hulu's been working out great though their interface is not the best. We played around with Playstation Vue, but decided to give Hulu a go to get their stuff as well as the cable channels.

Just got the Red Sox-only deal. Called customer service, first. Good on TV/Firestick and computer but not my phone. Good enough.

Thanks again, U2roolz.

No problem. Let me know how you like it.

Looks like the Rangers are headed for a 100 loss year.

No problem. Let me know how you like it.

Love it! You get to choose between home and away broadcasts, as well as radio or t.v. broadcasts. And, there's a "free game of the day," as well. To boot, the BOS crushed  NYY 14-1. Good omens all around....

Love it! You get to choose between home and away broadcasts, as well as radio or t.v. broadcasts. And, there's a "free game of the day," as well. To boot, the BOS crushed  NYY 14-1. Good omens all around....

Definitely miss watching Sale pitching in black - hopefully it will be his year to win the Cy Young. 

The only thing I miss is Comedy Central, and not really that. I only watched the Daily Show, and only when they have guests I'm interested in since Trevor Noah took over. I can catch most of that online. Hulu's been working out great though their interface is not the best. We played around with Playstation Vue, but decided to give Hulu a go to get their stuff as well as the cable channels.

We just cut out comcast cable last month, and are getting all of our TV through Apple TV's box. We're currently using Sling, but I'm not that impressed with it. Have been looking to switch to Hulu Live. 

Love it! You get to choose between home and away broadcasts, as well as radio or t.v. broadcasts. And, there's a "free game of the day," as well. To boot, the BOS crushed NYY 14-1. Good omens all around....

Awesome! It's pretty easy to use & doesn't take long to load.

Yeah, that was a great game. Huge Red Sox fan myself.

The only thing I miss is Comedy Central, and not really that. I only watched the Daily Show, and only when they have guests I'm interested in since Trevor Noah took over. I can catch most of that online. Hulu's been working out great though their interface is not the best. We played around with Playstation Vue, but decided to give Hulu a go to get their stuff as well as the cable channels.

I am going to cut the cable cord within the next 30 days. Here in the NYC area, Playstation Vue carries YES network, ESPN, FS1, MLB network, NFL network, and local broadcast stations of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. As a Yankees/Jets fan, almost every game is covered there.

I’m just curious as to what ultimately made you go with Hulu instead? Non-sports related reasons are of interest to me too!

Was at the Red Sox-Yankees game last night - and realized that in all my years of going to baseball games I had never seen a bench clearing brawl.  

Fun read this morning on the brawl:

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/4/11/17227590/red-sox-yankees-brawl-fight-tyler-austin-joe-kelly

And, it's nice to see some heated  passion back between these two teams!

I am going to cut the cable cord within the next 30 days. Here in the NYC area, Playstation Vue carries YES network, ESPN, FS1, MLB network, NFL network, and local broadcast stations of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. As a Yankees/Jets fan, almost every game is covered there.

I’m just curious as to what ultimately made you go with Hulu instead? Non-sports related reasons are of interest to me too!

For a good price picking up cable service and a streaming service. Honestly, we haven't used much of Hulu's streaming service, a bit is all.

Fun read this morning on the brawl:

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/4/11/17227590/red-sox-yankees-brawl-fight-tyler-austin-joe-kelly

And, it's nice to see some heated  passion back between these two teams!

Anybody see the Rockies/Padres had a similar kafufle?

Also, anyone else watch No No, the Doc Ellis documentary? For those not familiar, Ellis pitched a no hitter while admittedly very high on LSD. The doc is a great look at the far more anarchic 70's when players were all on speed and pitchers would more frequently hit a batter, sometimes bean them to settle a vendetta.

Yesterday's two bench clearing events almost seemed like an effort on the part of MLB to improve ratings and get some butts in seats.

Anybody see the Rockies/Padres had a similar kafufle?

Also, anyone else watch No No, the Doc Ellis documentary? For those not familiar, Ellis pitched a no hitter while admittedly very high on LSD. The doc is a great look at the far more anarchic 70's when players were all on speed and pitchers would more frequently hit a batter, sometimes bean them to settle a vendetta.

Yesterday's two bench clearing events almost seemed like an effort on the part of MLB to improve ratings and get some butts in seats.

I watched it on the news last night. I, literally, get none of the Rockies games due to the basic DirecTv package my wife has us on. I need to change it.

The Dock Ellis documentary was a fun watch. Todd Snider has a neat little tune in honor of the event, as well, called "America's Favorite Pastime."

ed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlAuY_-M30