New Jeff Tweedy album November 30th (called WARM)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really loving the newly released I Know What It's Like. One fun little lyrical connection between that song and Some Birds:

Some Birds

In my window/I have a twin/I look out/He looks in/He has a point/I applaud/Oh my goodness/Oh my god

I Know What It's Like

When the lights are dim/In my window I have a twin/I’m always looking out/And he’s always looking in

How did everyone get it a day early?

My local record store owner called me. He said “I’m sure you’ve already preordered this but I wanted to let you know we got some promotional tote bags in with our order.” I told him I had indeed preordered but I could always use an extra copy, then I rushed over to pick it up. It pays to be friends with your friendly local record store!

I just received this item. The cd is wrapped and the autographed booklet was out in the open in the package, but isn't destroyed at all. Weird to have 2 booklets, but I guess that it makes sense.

First spin, it feels like a winner.

How Hard is it for a Desert to Die doesn't grab me as much as the rest.

Having Been... is even better recorded than the live versions.

The Red Brick is not nearly as challenging to the listener as some of the reviews made it out to be. Just kind of cool stoner rock vibe.

It's funny, this is the first Tweedy related release where I actually liked the singles as they were released and find they capture the spirit of the album. On all the other records they've always thrown me off and haven't endeared themselves to me until I heard them in the space of the record.

Seems a little breezier than a lot of the Sukierae material, at least musically. Fewer waltzes.

So no digital download if you purchased the vinyl at the store? I won’t have a chance to spin this tonight but was looking forward to putting it on my iPod for my drive tomorrow.

That’s so frustrating! So the vinyl doesn’t have a code I assume in the package?

Amazon.ca dropped the ball BIG time. I guess that's what I get for trying to earn a single airmile instead of supporting my local indie store :-\ 

But, I did listen to the record via Spotify today and I think it's really good. Having Been Is No Way To Be is an absolute stunner. I love the transition from from The Red Brick into Warm (When The Sun Has Died). The whole thing has a cohesive sound yet no two songs sound too similar to each other.

This record continues a streak of really solid songwriting since, well, I mean you could say since Uncle Tupelo... but I feel like he's been on a roll with Sukierae, Star Wars, Schmilco, If All I Was Was Black, and now WARM.