New Jeff Tweedy album November 30th (called WARM)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the George Saunders piece. Psyched for this release! Curious that it's billed as Jeff Tweedy and not Tweedy (one assumes that's Spencer on drums)... Will be curious to see if the Tweedy band are in tow when Jeff (hopefully) tours this album.

I wonder if all of the new songs we've heard so far are on the album. I've bolded tracks I believe that he's played live.

1. Bombs Above

2. Some Birds

3. Don't Forget

4. How Hard It Is For A Desert To Die

5. Let's Go Rain

6. Far From Away

7. I Know What It's Like

8. Having Been is No Way To Be

9. The Red Brick

10. Warm (When The Sun Has Died)

11. How Will I Find You

New Wave Theater is listed as Having Been Is No Way To Be on the Pabst FB post. Not a fan of the show setlist for Milwaukee on their website missing 5 songs. I mean, some really cool people keep their own show statistics in an Excel spreadsheet. Think that leaves Family Ghost and Evergreen (unless Jeff reworked Childlike & Evergreen)?

Loved the George Saunders piece. Psyched for this release! Curious that it's billed as Jeff Tweedy and not Tweedy (one assumes that's Spencer on drums)... Will be curious to see if the Tweedy band are in tow when Jeff (hopefully) tours this album.

Looks like Glenn plays on the record, too -- from the WIlco HQ email.

Jeff (with additional drums by Spencer Tweedy + Glenn Kotche).

I'm so relieved that these new songs that Jeff has been playing are going to be on a Jeff Tweedy record and not Wilco. Does anyone else feel this way?

Of course, this means that eventually we'll be getting a new Wilco album that is still a mystery.

I'm so relieved that these new songs that Jeff has been playing are going to be on a Jeff Tweedy record and not Wilco. Does anyone else feel this way?

I thought about that notion (Wilco vs solo) as the new songs were dribbling out in his solo shows this year, and my conclusion was "not really".

Certainly the solo performances sound like they'd make for a great solo record, but then again all of the Wilco songs sound like that when he plays solo.  I was thinking about songs like IATTBYH, Spiders, Bull Black Nova (duh), Art of Almost, IG... the ones that sound totally unique acoustic solo, like a demo.  So that got me thinking about how these recent songs would sound all fleshed out with the band, and I was getting quite curious to hear that.  Based on the new "Some Birds" video today, I think they'll be a little more fleshed out on the WARM record, so that will be cool.  But not the full Wilco treatment. 

Then again.... maybe I'm just really Jonesing for that new Wilco record (and tour!!).

This is great news! It's been apparent at these solo shows over the past few months that Tweedy had a critical mass of new material, and the only question was whether they were on reserve for a future Wilco session or were already in the can in another form. This seems like a really good batch of songs, so I'm really excited for this!

I wonder if all of the new songs we've heard so far are on the album. I've bolded tracks I believe that he's played live.

1. Bombs Above

2. Some Birds

3. Don't Forget

5. Let's Go Rain

6. Far From Away

7. I Know What It's Like

9. The Red Brick

11. How Will I Find You

I was wondering about that also. I recall Jeff or Spencer saying in an interview a few years ago that they had another TWEEDY album finished. Of course there is also that live Uncle Tupelo album that was talked about.

Wife this morning insisted she's heard Some Birds before, I said "no way". Of course, her memory is better than mine because after looking up my own post, yep, Jeff definitely played a song with lyrics "I love to take you down and leave you there". Never doubt the wife! 

I'm surprised it's taken this long in Jeff's career to get an album of original material under his own name. I love the new material but I've never been able to hear Nels, Pat, etc on Let's Go Rain.

Also this is the 5th year in a row of new albums written by Jeff. As a songwriter this has to be the most prolific era of his career, at least as far as released music goes.

New Wave Theater is listed as Having Been Is No Way To Be on the Pabst FB post. Not a fan of the show setlist for Milwaukee on their website missing 5 songs. I mean, some really cool people keep their own show statistics in an Excel spreadsheet. Think that leaves Family Ghost and Evergreen (unless Jeff reworked Childlike & Evergreen)?

What about "Drawing From Memory"? Is that accounted for here under a different title or not on the album?

1. Bombs Above

2. Some Birds

3. Don't Forget

5. Let's Go Rain

6. Far From Away

7. I Know What It's Like

9. The Red Brick

11. How Will I Find You

What about "Drawing From Memory"? Is that accounted for here under a different title or not on the album?

1. Bombs Above

2. Some Birds (I'd Love To Take You Down)

3. Don't Forget

5. Let's Go Rain

6. Far From Away

7. I Know What It's Like

8. Having Been is No Way To Be (New Wave Theater)

9. The Red Brick

11. How Will I Find You

Played but not on the album - Drawing From Memory, Family Ghost, Evergreen, any more?

Thank you to whoever updates the Wilco website.