Wilco on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Wednesday the 20th

I stumbled on this info over at the Late Night TV page.

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

Should be fun seeing how they pull it off. Guessing it might look like The Rolling Stones performance last month. Everyone at home playing their part and some nice editing.

Maybe the new song tomorrow ties in with this performance.

This would make a great closing song of a concert. Everyone sings and affirms each other. Better yet, make it the first song of the first show. Then close it with a repeat performance. I know I can use a little cathartic release . . .

This would make a great closing song of a concert. Everyone sings and affirms each other. Better yet, make it the first song of the first show. Then close it with a repeat performance. I know I can use a little cathartic release . . .

I thought about it being the first song they play in their first show after the pandemic. I will be surprised if it is not.

Interestingly, on Bandcamp, the song is credited as "Written and performed by Wilco". When's the last time the whole band got an equal writing credit?? If this is a sign of the next Wilco record I hope it's a sign that it's more collaborative in songwriting.

That was a great video, but this seems to confirm that there’s no new album coming ☹️

I tagged it in our iTunes as a “bonus track” at the end of OTJ. Much more likely for me (and certainly my wife) to play an album rather than dial up a single song.
  • 3 weeks later...