Your musical guilty pleasures

...perhaps you'd once again be kind enough to share?

I've been known to be guilty of:

Early Madonna (1st 4 albums)

those grooves on the 1st album in particular just get to me, and they remind me of my sister

Dixie Chicks

dunno, just think they're pretty good

Various "New Country" singles, particularly those by Jo Dee Messina

"Heads Carolina, Tails California" "Lesson in Leavin'"

B0000032WL.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

but it's just such a great pop album

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

my wife draws such inspiration from this song... I think it has grown on me simply because of what it means to her.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as is usually said in this type of thread, I don't feel guilty about the music I like

however, I get what you mean, so for me last month it was:

Genesis - Duke and Abacab (because of Phil's later Disney baggage and soft rock, etc...)

Counting Crows -- August (because they went on later to suck)

I like Recovering the Satellites better, but I agree about them going on to suck later.

I also have some Letters to Cleo on my iPod. And a ton of Weird 'Al' that I rarely listen to.

as is usually said in this type of thread, I don't feel guilty about the music I like

however, I get what you mean, so for me last month it was:

Genesis - Duke and Abacab (because of Phil's later Disney baggage and soft rock, etc...)

you're right, not necessarily outwardly feeling guilty about it, but it's the sort of stuff that makes some folks say, "You like THAT?"

Those two Genesis albums were staples of my musical diet when I was younger and working in a deli... I need to pick them up again.

dunno why todd rundgren is a guilty pleasure.....I have always been impressed with the majority of his stuff.............

I guess he really isn't, I'm just so in love with that album, and sometimes folks say, "You like THAT?"

another one for me is that New Radicals album from 7-or-so years back. Enjoy that very much.

Billy Joel's recent double live discs from MSG. I've never owned any Billy Joel and I saw it at the library a few weeks back and thought "what the hell...." It's quite good.

Also, Willie Nelson's latest album, Songbird is very good. Ryan Adams produced it and he plays a loy of different instruments on it, as do the Cardinals. There's even a cover of the GD's "Stella Blue." Although digging on Willie sometimes makes me feel like my dad or something, Willie's always been and still is a hip cat, so not much guilt on this one....

I don't really have any guilty pleasures other than I listen to CMT, you know the country music TV thing. I find myself liking many of the younger bands I see on there. It seems like there is a return to a more classic country sound lately.

OK. This can be dangerous, and embarrasing, quite frankly. But although I don't own any of their music, whenever I hear Bon Scott-era AC/DC in the car I crank that sucker up. Why ? I guess 'cause IT ROCKS, DUDES! :blush

OK. This can be dangerous, and embarrasing, quite frankly. But although I don't own any of their music, whenever I hear Bon Scott-era AC/DC in the car I crank that sucker up. Why ? I guess 'cause IT ROCKS, DUDES! :blush

Nothing dangerous or embarrasing about that! :rock That is some of the best rock and roll of all time.

Also, Willie Nelson's latest album, Songbird is very good. Ryan Adams produced it and he plays a loy of different instruments on it, as do the Cardinals. There's even a cover of the GD's "Stella Blue." Although digging on Willie sometimes makes me feel like my dad or something, Willie's always been and still is a hip cat, so not much guilt on this one....

Have this one

B0000296J3.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_V65930122_.jpg

Have (and love) this one

389982_170x170.jpg

Nothing dangerous or embarrasing about that! :rock That is some of the best rock and roll of all time.

Whew! Thanks. I needed to hear that.

I listen to a lot of hiphop but I dont consider it a guilty pleasure just because of its genre.. I wouldnt like a band id be ashamed to admit to enjoying anyway... except I used to always defend Guster, and I hate Dave Matthews and all that crap people compare their music to, and then they made a really shitty album last year and suck now... i actually confronted their drummer and asked why he stopped playing the bongos and what happened, he didnt appreciate that

:blush

I really like the Dixie Chicks' album. I took my parents to see Neil Diamond last year and enjoyed it. Counting Crows' August is a go to album for rainy depressing days. I didn't know Willie Nelson was a guilty pleasure...guilty as charged. I've been known to watch CMT, especially Edge of Country. JT's newer stuff is catchy IMHO. Dancing Queen is on several of my playlists.

The list goes on... :ohwell

Hmmmm.... Guilty to pleasure to one is another man's gold

I don't know if they are considered guilty pleasures but I love....

1. Eddie "F'ing" Money

2. Electric Light Orchestra

3. Hall & Oats

4. Anything "Yacht Rockish".... ie Michael McDonald & Kenny Loggins "Keep The Fire"

FYI... if anyone says Creed or Nickelback I will quit my job and move to California.... err wait. I did that already. Damn..... what to wager next?