More on the "controversy"

Has anyone noticed that the three artists from the 70
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not, but that's the attitude you've taken throughout this entire discussion, however many threads it's been now. You have a very absolute, black-and-white vision of the world, you're trying to judge Wilco via that mindset, and people are rightfully calling bullshit.

I just sort of assume everyone realizes these are my opinions

Has anyone noticed that the three artists from the 70’s who have refused to sell their music to advertisers are also pretty much the only three still making viable, interesting, respectable music – Tom Waits – Neil Young – and Bruce Springsteen, and that many of the others that have are like, touring a county fair near you?

Don't forget Leon Redbone. Oops, nevermind... he's a sellout too. At least he was hocking something useful. Beer.

Exactly.

Why do I read this thread? It's like the 10th season of M*A*S*H in here.

If you like ice cream, and you know what's good for you - you'll be back :thumbup

"Outside of Greendale, he hasn't done much to pique my interest in a while). Springsteen is a ridiculously wealthy man, so he's in a position where he can deny the usage of his songs. He doesn't need the money, and I'm guessing Neil Young doesn't. Tom Waits, on the other hand, seems like he's just stubborn (and kind of annoying, judging by the quotes from him about this topic)."

In your opinion?

Are you joking? Is it really coming to this?

Those are all opinion statements, except where they aren't judgement calls (like saying Bruce doesn't need the money since he's sold like 100 million records and has had some tours that have grossed like 60 million). If you can't tell the difference between you saying what you said and what I said, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

Are you joking? Is it really coming to this?

Those are all opinion statements, except where they aren't judgement calls (like saying Bruce doesn't need the money since he's sold like 100 million records and has had some tours that have grossed like 60 million). If you can't tell the difference between you saying what you said and what I said, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

You call out every infraction I make, yet don