More on the "controversy"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was developing a crush on .... even before the DFW quote.

its funny that this thread can even keep going after that speech.

Because posting that speech was the message board equivalent of a non sequitor. It's a nice speech, but irrelevent to the discussion at hand.

Because posting that speech was the message board equivalent of a non sequitor. It's a nice speech, but irrelevent to the discussion at hand.

It was intended for

It was intended for “boywiththorninside” - as I relate to his – fresh out of college – “now what the hell am I supposed to do with the rest of my life feeling” is where that was aimed.

I tried pm’ing the excerpt, but ran into some technical difficulties.

If you enjoyed it, great, if you did not, that’s great as well.

Many of the posts in this thread, including some of your own, Earl, have had nothing to do with the actual topic.

Are you coming on to me?

I was responding to the person saying they were curious how the thread could go on after the speech was posted. I said the thread has nothing to do with the speech, and thus could continue in it's current form regardless of the speech. I understood the context of posting the speech, but thanks for spelling it out for me. I think I've made it abundantly clear that I'm a fucking idiot who needs simple stuff like that explained to me. Thank you.

Are you coming on to me?

I was responding to the person saying they were curious how the thread could go on after the speech was posted. I said the thread has nothing to do with the speech, and thus could continue in it's current form regardless of the speech. I understood the context of posting the speech, but thanks for spelling it out for me. I think I've made it abundantly clear that I'm a fucking idiot who needs simple stuff like that explained to me. Thank you.

My apologies - do to the nature of this discussion, I fully admit I'm acting a bit on the defensive side.

You're a good guy Earl and I'm sure, if we were having this discussion while sharing a beer or twelve, we'd be laughing our asses off.

My apologies - do to the nature of this discussion, I fully admit I'm acting a bit on the defensive side.

You're a good guy Earl and I'm sure, if we were having this discussion while sharing a beer or twelve, we'd be laughing our asses off.

You'd be laughing your ass off straight to prison for providing alcohol to a minor.

I'm sure she's beaming with pride.

It takes two Sean, it takes two.

:unsure

I can still hear Leo's voice thundering around in here.

Yeah, work frustrations came out sideways all over this thread. It's an easy target.

I include myself in my overstated indictment.

It's just that...WTF? I know we're all better than this.