A band by any other name...

I was taking the stroller out for a walk the other day, like I always do, and I got to thinking - like I always do - y'know... The Beatles are the best band ever, but they had kind of a lame name.

So, I ask you - based on nothing but their name - who is the greatest band of all time? And who's the worst?

Best: Rush, Rolling Stones, The The (I thought it was catchy and rather clever)

Worst: Hootie and the Blowfish (ironic that they'd also just totally suck as well), U2, Toad the Wet Sprocket (yeah, I know. It's a Python skit. Still sucks.)... Wilco? :dontgetit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son has a catalog of hard core bands floating around featuring the works of Dying Fetus and Infected Pussy. So, Wilco? No, not so bad.

I've always thought "Jon Cougar Concentration Camp" was a real stand-out band name. Pretty tasteless but really makes one wonder under what circumstances they came up with it* (the case with all of the really freaky band names).

*I put my money on that they were smokin'.

I've always thought Built to Spill was a great name.

The worst out there right now has got to be !!!

Nope, try again. Someone needed to slap those guys around, because there was obviously a key moment when one of them decided, in all sincerity, that three exclamation points was clearly the frontrunner.

My own band has a pretty stupid name. Puts a lot of pressure on us not to suck too much.

I've always thought "Jon Cougar Concentration Camp" was a real stand-out band name.

Never heard of this band, but I like the idea.

I used to have a friend who absolutely loathed John Mellencamp, and his distaste was fueled even more by Mellencamp's periodic "name changes" (from John Cougar to John Cougar Mellencamp to John Mellencamp, for those of you who weren't around then). Anyway, he always referred to him as "John Loser Menstrual Cramp." :lol

Never heard of this band, but I like the idea.

I used to have a friend who absolutely loathed John Mellencamp, and his distaste was fueled even more by Mellencamp's periodic "name changes" (from John Cougar to John Cougar Mellencamp to John Mellencamp, for those of you who weren't around then). Anyway, he always referred to him as "John Loser Menstrual Cramp." :lol

Q: Did you hear where Mr. and Mrs. Cantaloupe are sending their kids for the summer?

A: To John Cougar's Melon Camp.

Thanks. I'll be here all week ...