• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a loooooooooooong year I'm afraid.

He went 3-8 in his first year at WVU, and lost to Temple. Be patient, he'll get players and they'll be better, though I'm not sure where his ceiling is. This guy is a hell of a recruiter, but for all the "spread offense genius" hype that comes with him, he's actually pretty conservative as a play caller. He had the talent to go undefeated the last two seasons at WVU, but his stubborn play calling was part of the reason they blew it.

Meanwhile, his old school got out gained by Villanova, though Pat White did throw for five touchdown passes. I am already worrying about East Carolina.

--Mike

So is Georgia.

Yeah alot of Gamecock fans say the same thing about Clemson but I think that's a pretty moronic statement. Beating Clemson does nothing to gain us respect on a national level like beating Georgia, LSU or Florida does. Clemson who? :thumbup

See you soon...

That was a pretty good Tennessee-UCLA game just now. I like the college OT system better than the pro one.

I like the general concept of the NCAA"s OT, but I think they should start at the 35 instead of the 25.

I like when they actually play the game of football instead of making up some different OT game with different rules

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEANIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby

I didn't get to see the OSU game over the weekend (actually, I haven't even seen the highlights yet), so as far as I'm concerned, Beanie's injury didn't really happen. Wishful thinking, I guess. :(

What I'm really hoping is that, well, you know, he had nagging foot problems all last year--I'm hoping this isn't turning into a chronic thing for him. That would be a huge shame.

I was hiking in Tennessee over the weekend and didn't have a cellphone signal. At one point Saturday afternoon, my brother in law and I convinced our group to "hike that way" because we thought we saw a cellphone tower on a nearby mountain. When he got a wireless internet signal, he read off the score from his phone and then said "Wait.....injury alert..."

oshit.jpg

Hope he's ok. :unsure

Apparently his previous nagging injury was more of an ankle problem, or at least that's what I hear. X-rays came up negative. He'll definitely sit out the Ohio game, just so he'll actually be able to run at least once against USC. According to ESPN he didn't practice yesterday and still had a boot on.

If it is legit serious, man, I will be so sad and so angry. It'll be time to start burning shit again.

If it is legit serious, man, I will be so sad and so angry. It'll be time to start burning shit again.

Oh, I wasn't aware we had ever stopped burning things. I must tell my avatar.

If it turns out to be serious, I feel awful for him--and the whole team. I don't think I have the energy to be angry about it--its football, stuff happens--but he's a hell of a player and clearly the heart and soul of the offense.

Not sure what they'd do without him, long term. Mo Wells is a decent back, but he's not the one to carry the team down the stretch. Saine and Pryor in the backfield open up all sorts of crazy possibilities with their speed...but this is Ohio State and I can't imagine the offense working without a workhorse to pound the ball up the middle. I dunno. This is supposed to be Beanie's year.

Not sure what they'd do without him, long term. Mo Wells is a decent back, but he's not the one to carry the team down the stretch. Saine and Pryor in the backfield open up all sorts of crazy possibilities with their speed...but this is Ohio State and I can't imagine the offense working without a workhorse to pound the ball up the middle. I dunno. This is supposed to be Beanie's year.

Tomorrow I might call up a friend of mine who is on the AT program here at OSU and maybe he can fill me in with some "insider information" and I can relay it here. As far as "official" is concerned, though, Beanie apparently practiced today (as in yesterday, Tuesday), though his status vs. Ohio is "gameday" or something equivalent. The obvious choice is to let him rest this game, make sure he's healthy and can so have a good game vs. USC. A good game vs. USC with a week off vs. Ohio will look much, much, much better for the Heisman ballot than a good game vs. Ohio and a mediocre, or worse, week off vs. USC.

The obvious choice is to let him rest this game, make sure he's healthy and can so have a good game vs. USC. A good game vs. USC with a week off vs. Ohio will look much, much, much better for the Heisman ballot than a good game vs. Ohio and a mediocre, or worse, week off vs. USC.

The Heisman ballot shouldn't even be a factor. I'm not naive enough to believe they're not thinking about it, but really, this is only week 2. Get him healthy so that he'll be able to help the team through the course of this long season and the Heisman thing will work itself out.

Frankly, I'll be pissed if they play him vs. Ohio. Maybe give him a couple carries, at most, if he's up to it. But they should be plenty equipped to win that one without him. Let him rest, and hope he's ready to go for USC and beyond.

I really hated to be right about this one. :lol

(sorry, Matt)

It's a shame that a team with so much talent has to be coached by an incompetent moron like Tommy. If his name wasn't Bowden, he never would have lasted this long.

It's a shame that a team with so much talent has to be coached by an incompetent moron like Tommy. If his name wasn't Bowden, he never would have lasted this long.

Honestly, I dont know why CJ Spiller hasn't transferred. He's so underutilized it's pathetic.

My two cents: Tommy is only around because he beats SC year after year. EIther that or he and Terry Don have something going.

Honestly, I dont know why CJ Spiller hasn't transferred. He's so underutilized it's pathetic.

My two cents: Tommy is only around because he beats SC year after year. EIther that or he and Terry Don have something going.

That has to be it.. But yeah, no kidding about CJ. James Davis actually gave up a chance to go to the NFL last year because he had so much faith in his team. I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass now.

They have only played one game but the way they looked Saturday, my local little league team could have beaten them. :thumbdown