natalie jane / st. genevieve

She loved Paul Bettany and David Thewlis. And I'll so miss geeking out about various TV shows and books with her. I don't have a picture of my tinfoil devil handy, but I recently found him again and he's been living in a vase above my fireplace.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every single one of us loved her. The last time she was here, she spent ages talking to my mom and my aunt about her midwifery studies, and then she told a slightly racy joke in front of the kids, which they thought was hilarious.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't spend enough time chatting with her recently. You never think that someone like her is just going to be gone one day. I assumed my world would always have Natalie in it, somewhere out there, whenever I needed her.

Gosh... please rest in peace knowing that you touched an awful lot of people, Nat, and that you'll be missed by even more.

Patti and I send the most heartfelt condolences to her family, and to those of you who got to know her personally... Kate, Rosie, Maudie, Yvon...

This is crazy.

:no

jen, thanks for posting the st. louis pix! what a great afternoon. nat's expression in the second pic is beautiful!

here's one of nat at brunch that some day:

01181bea.jpg

:(

She will be missed.

I remember talking to her and Kate together on AIM one evening when things were tough, and both of them made things so much better. She sent me some books that really helped the last couple years of high school not be so bad, as well as a tin foil godess.

Wow. I'm at a loss for words. I'd been happy to hear that she was moving back to Portland, because she seemed so excited to be returning.

I don't know what to say, except that despite never having met her (but wait, she was from Ann Arbor :hmm), I'll truly miss her.

Oh man. This is rotten news. Not much to be said at times like this, just feel. I felt a geeky kinship with her and hoped one day we would meet. In the next life, maybe. Until then, fond and warm wishes to Natalie, wherever she may be, and condolences to those fortunate enough to have known her better than myself.

FUCK.

This is one of those things that's not supposed to happen.

I have my tinfoil Ste. Genevieve sitting above the fireplace at my house in Carbondale, keeping the bad spirits and the floods away.

The sentient action figure stories were brilliant. They were one of my all time favorite moments in VC history.

There are things I want to say, but they're all jumbled up in my brain not sure how to come out.

(thanks to those of you who asked about me.)

info I have:

there will be an informal memorial/friends gathering on sunday, january 13th, at a friends house here in portland, oregon. her parents wish to not have a formal service or funeral, but will be scattering her ashes at some point.

if you would like more information on the memorial, please respond with your email address and someone will contact you.

natalie touched a lot of lives and it's been hard finding/contacting everyone, so please help spread the word.

from what I know of her recent health issues, I am guessing it was her heart......but I do not know. I will certainly pass on any info I receive. I got a quick message from one of her Portland friends who is going to email me more info. I am still waiting to hear back.

I can't believe this. She was on here like.......maybe 2 weeks ago?!

Nat was one of the first people to make me feel welcome here, as a European who hadn't even see a proper Wilco show when I came on here, and we always kind of laughed about the same things, and I can't count the occasions when I read a post of hers and thought "yes, that is exactly how it is". She was so warm, funny, friendly, welcoming and kind-hearted.......this world is gonna be a much colder place without her. Via Chicago at any rate.

What can I say. I can't believe it.

HUGS to everyone who is personally struck by this, esp. to Kate and Rosie. I always thought about you two and Nat in the same breath, like the pillars of VC together with some other people.

Rest in peace, punk midwife. :upset

I also did not know her personally and it certainly sounds like I missed out :hmm

I do know from her posts that she came across as a kind and gentle soul. She seemed very happy about going back to Portland.

My sympathies to her friends in Oregon, her family in Michigan and to Kate and the rest her knew her so well.