natalie jane / st. genevieve

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sad. And just dumbfounded.

Just yesterday (?) I was admiring her tinfoil sculpture at Aman's.

I always thought I'd meet Saint G.

Sending love to all her friends and family.

:(

I think I will put that away now.

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with her. I will always remember our night at Rainbo.

"I think that's John McEntire. Wait, all the guys here look like John McEntire".

In retrospect, I should not have discouraged her from ringing the bell at Soma.

She is loved and will be missed.

I've spent all day going through the archives and having a great laugh over St. G's greatest hits:

Postcarders who attempt to invade will be taken away to the O'Rourke suite for "re-education."

Seriously, in the spirit of Nat's mom's comment, and Mr. K's post, it's got to be the best way to remember Nat.

:wub :lol maudie, thanks for digging this up. holy cow, brilliantly funny! :love

I am devastated. When I saw the title of this thread, it brought a smile to my face and I immediately clicked on it, never expecting this. How can it be? :cryin

Nat was the first VCer I met in person (before a Wilco show in Eugene in 2003) and she was truly a kindred spirit. The last time I saw her was in San Francisco in 2006. We ate terrible Japanese food for lunch, but the company was fantastic.

RIP, my dear friend. I hope Natopia is every bit as wonderful as you imagined it would be. Love you.

Just ... speechless.

I haven't been around here very long, but Nat was one of the people I quickly started getting to know. I'd noticed that she hadn't posted anything on the knitting board we were both on, and had thought that was odd.

Much love to her family, friends, and critters. And to everyone here who's hurting so deeply.

is Rosie ok?
Rosie told me about this when I got home today. Very sad news indeed. Life is so terribly short and brittle. She will certainly be missed.

Frankly before talking to Natalie I had not known all that much about Jim O'Rourke's solo work.

Everyone needs to live each day like it was their last.....

LouieB

Everyone needs to live each day like it was their last.....

LouieB

Thanks Lou. :thumbup

And remember to let your friends/family know that you love them.

thanks so much for posting all of those links. i can hear natalie's sweet voice as i read these. i was also trying to remember the url for her music blog, so i was so happy when you posted the link to emmablowgun. many thanks.

thanks so much for posting all of those links. i can hear natalie's sweet voice as i read these. i was also trying to remember the url for her music blog, so i was so happy when you posted the link to emmablowgun. many thanks.

I was trying to remember it earlier today and found it when I was digging around in the archives.

This Saturday, in honor and memory of Natalie, Robin (poppymom) and I are going to be driving to Ste. Genevieve, MO. We are going to the Mississippi River at dusk, and will hold a small memorial service for Natalie there. We are going to make sculptures to set free onto the river along with some flowers and maybe some floating candles. If anyone would like to send sculptures (or anything else you'd like floated off in the river, notes, etc) to be a part of our little memorial, PM Robin for her address.

I had hoped to go down to the lake tonight with Rosie for a little impromptu memorial service, but the weather is really bad here.

This is all so deeply sad, strange and surreal.

--

Also, I wanted to share this photo that she shared with me a month or so ago......she told me some lovely stories about her grandparents. She missed them and loved them a lot. There is a wee bit of comfort knowing that she could be with them again.

grandparents.jpg

This Saturday, in honor and memory of Natalie, Robin (poppymom) and I are going to be driving to Ste. Genevieve, MO. We are going to the Mississippi River at dusk, and will hold a small memorial service for Natalie there. We are going to make sculptures to set free onto the river along with some flowers and maybe some floating candles. If anyone would like to send sculptures (or anything else you'd like floated off in the river, notes, etc) to be a part of our little memorial, PM Robin for her address.

I had hoped to go down to the lake tonight with Rosie for a little impromptu memorial service, but the weather is really bad here.

This is all so deeply sad, strange and surreal.

--

Also, I wanted to share this photo that she shared with me a month or so ago......she told me some lovely stories about her grandparents. She missed them and loved them a lot. There is a wee bit of comfort knowing that she could be with them again.

grandparents.jpg

That is a beautiful and wonderful idea :)

We will be thinking of you Saturday night.

And, thanks for the pic!!

xoxo

I'm stunned. When I read the first post, my heart skipped a beat.

Nat was one of the very first VC'ers to enthusiastically welcome me here, and I always counted her as one of my favorite VC voices. While I never met her in person, I always assumed a meeting was just around the corner...