natalie jane / st. genevieve

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone is near Portland:

The memorial service is going to be this Sunday at 2pm at 2462 SE Tamarack, Portland OR 97214.

Natalie had been very ill, as you know. She also had Graves disease, and it is my suspicion that she suffered a sudden, fatal exacerbation of that instigated by emotional stress over her car and the respiratory tract infection she had. The medical examiners still have not come to any conclusions. It is unbelievably sad.

at the request of a poster here I asked the portland folks organizing the informal service to include remembrances and thoughts from vc-ers here. if you are in portland and want to attend, check out the sweetadeline link and pm lex for details about the service.

edit: see the post above for info!

ack.

Aw, no. Bethanydear called me on my cell this afternoon.

Oh I am so very saddened by this. She was so full of life. So brave and amazing and brilliant and funny. I loved the time I spent with her.

Hugs for all of us.

hello all :(

i am one of natalie's friends from portland (i haven't posted here before). we're all still in shock and so incredibly sad. if any of you would like to attend the informal memorial/friends gathering, it will be this sunday, january 13th, at a friends house as mentioned in the post above. her parents will be arriving tonight and we will be going to her apartment tomorrow. it's going to be hard :(. we miss natalie so much. i wish i could offer answers about her death, but we won't know for another 2.5 weeks after they finish the tests.

natalie touched a lot of lives and it has been hard finding/tracking down everyone. thank you for helping to spread the news. i want to make sure all her friends know. if you need more information on her memorial, please feel free to leave your email address on her livejournal page or on the natalie jane thread at sweetaddy.com (the site where i met natalie).

much love,

mel

Hello to all,

A friend of mine from the Elliott Smith board just sent me a message letting me know that there was a thread here as well.

I wanted you all to know that your thoughts and comments are being passed along to many of her other close friends and will be expressed to her parents. A couple of people have suggested gathering some of the notes being posted in her honor and sending them to her parents in the next couple of weeks; I'll remind those doing the organizing that this thread is full of thoughts etc and should most certainly be included in that package.

By her parent's request, there will be no formal service. In her mother's words, "It's the living that's important, not the dying." With that in mind, friends in the Portland area along with those who are able to make it from out of town will be getting together in Portland Sunday afternoon in her honor, to celebrate her life by sharing stories, photos and anything else that feels appropriate. If you are in the area and would like to attend, please feel free to post something here or on the Elliott Smith board and her friends will certainly be in touch.

I would also like to note that while Natalie was feeling sick last week, her friends took the time to stop by her apartment to check up on her regularly and make sure she had food/water/medicine, etc. She was well loved, and well taken care of. Her passing came as a shock and has left us all gutted.

As I'm not a member of this community, I won't be keeping up with PMs, but many of her friends are available via Sweet Addy. Feel free to post in the thread there, or if you'd like to communicate privately, feel free to PM me or Kara Lee or Mighty Mouse.

Thank you for all of your warm thoughts. Natalie will be dearly missed by many. And of course, I'm so sorry for the loss of a community member.

Thanks,

Alexis

hello all :(

i am one of natalie's friends from portland (i haven't posted here before). we're all still in shock and so incredibly sad. if any of you would like to attend the informal memorial/friends gathering, it will be this sunday, january 13th, at a friends house as mentioned in the post above. her parents will be arriving tonight and we will be going to her apartment tomorrow. it's going to be hard :(. we miss natalie so much. i wish i could offer answers about her death, but we won't know for another 2.5 weeks after they finish the tests.

natalie touched a lot of lives and it has been hard finding/tracking down everyone. thank you for helping to spread the news. i want to make sure all her friends know. if you need more information on her memorial, please feel free to leave your email address on her livejournal page or on the natalie jane thread at sweetaddy.com (the site where i met natalie).

much love,

mel

:) nice to see a familiar face.

-lexx

Holy crap. I really wish this was just someone with a sick sense of humor, but...

When I announced that my wife and I were having twins a couple of years back, St. G was so genuinely excited and offered to help in any on-line kind of way she could. This is really devestating. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who knew her best. If I feel this way having never met her I can just imagine how all of you in Portland and points beyond must feel.

Hang in there all.

PS - Is there any way to put up a different home page or banner header here with a memorial picture of her? I realize it may be a technical impossibility.

A thought just occured to me - Nat was apparantly on several boards, delivered babies, traveled extensively to see friends and bands, befriended numerous people over the internet that she'd never met in person, not to mention knitting and creating aluminum foil sculptures to give away. In short, she did more in her brief time on this planet than most do in 100 years. It's OK to be sad for ourselves because we miss her, but I'm sure she would have few regrets. Her life was full and fulfilling.

Can you deny, there's nothing greater

Nothing more than the traveling hands of time?

Sainte Genevieve can hold back the water

But saints don't bother with a tear stained eye

much love,

mel

Thanks,

Alexis

Thanks to you both for keeping us in the loop.

A thought just occured to me - Nat was apparantly on several boards, delivered babies, traveled extensively to see friends and bands, befriended numerous people over the internet that she'd never met in person, not to mention knitting and creating aluminum foil sculptures to give away. In short, she did more in her brief time on this planet than most do in 100 years. It's OK to be sad for ourselves because we miss her, but I'm sure she would have few regrets. Her life was full and fulfilling.

I was thinking something similar this morning. Nat was musical, crafty, a fabulous writer, a midwife(!)... all in addition to being a caring friend. She lived her life well.

She seemed to me (one who did not have the pleasure of meeting her) that she lived fearlessly and fiercely.... not afraid to express herself verbally and through her art. I aspire to that.

Edie

Thank you, Ken. I have no words. Thank you, Ben & Jen for your thoughtful gesture. Thank you, VC for being such a great community.

Thank you, God(dess) for allowing us to know Nat, even if it wasn't nearly long enough.

thank you, that is so nice to remember. very comforting.

I'm so sad. And just dumbfounded.

Just yesterday (?) I was admiring her tinfoil sculpture at Aman's.

I always thought I'd meet Saint G.

Sending love to all her friends and family.

:(