"PHISH ON GUITAR HERO & ROCK BAND 06.30.09

A Phish "Live Track Pack" for Guitar Hero World Tour is available for download now and features live recordings of "Sample in a Jar," (12/1/94 Salem Armory, Salem, OR), "Down with Disease," (12/1/95 Hershey Park Arena, Hershey, PA), and "Chalk Dust Torture," (11/16/94 Hill Auditorium, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI as released on "A Live One"). The pack is compatible with 360, PS3 and Wii .

The Track Pack can be downloaded from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and from the PlayStation Store (where the songs are also available as singles).

In addition, Rock Band has released tracks from year's Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, and included is "Wilson" from Phish's Friday night set."

Phish.com

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Francis X. Hummel

06/21/09 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - East Troy, WI

1: Brother, Wolfman's Brother, Funky Bitch -> The Divided Sky, Joy, Back On The Train, Taste, Poor Heart, The Horse -> Silent in the Morning, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday -> Avenu Malkenu -> The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Time Turns Elastic

2: Crosseyed and Painless -> Down With Disease -> Bug -> Piper -> Wading In The Velvet Sea, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Slave To The Traffic Light

E: Grind, Frankenstein

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first Phish show. And it actually exceded my already ridiculously high expectations.

The 1st set was a sweet collection of tunes, although the flow was a little off at the start. Maybe if I'd been closer and could actually see what was going on, it wouldn't have felt so. I know they had their kids on stage to start or something. But they picked it up at The Divided Sky and never looked back. Back On The Train, Taste, & Poor Heart were highlights of the set for me. The new Time Turns Elastic piece was pretty awesome too.

The 2nd set was just unreal. C&P-> DWD-> Bug-> Piper-> Velvet was simply amazing. Followed by Boogie and Slave. Holy shit.

And a silly a cappella Grind and a rocking Frankenstein to close were just perfect.

It's funny - while tailgating before the show, we were talking about our wishlists for show. They didn't play a single one my of hopeful songs, and it was still the best show I've ever seen.

06/21/09 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - East Troy, WI

1: Brother, Wolfman's Brother, Funky Bitch -> The Divided Sky, Joy, Back On The Train, Taste, Poor Heart, The Horse -> Silent in the Morning, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday -> Avenu Malkenu -> The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Time Turns Elastic

2: Crosseyed and Painless -> Down With Disease -> Bug -> Piper -> Wading In The Velvet Sea, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Slave To The Traffic Light

E: Grind, Frankenstein

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first Phish show. And it actually exceded my already ridiculously high expectations.

The 1st set was a sweet collection of tunes, although the flow was a little off at the start. Maybe if I'd been closer and could actually see what was going on, it wouldn't have felt so. I know they had their kids on stage to start or something. But they picked it up at The Divided Sky and never looked back. Back On The Train, Taste, & Poor Heart were highlights of the set for me. The new Time Turns Elastic piece was pretty awesome too.

The 2nd set was just unreal. C&P-> DWD-> Bug-> Piper-> Velvet was simply amazing. Followed by Boogie and Slave. Holy shit.

And a silly a cappella Grind and a rocking Frankenstein to close were just perfect.

It's funny - while tailgating before the show, we were talking about our wishlists for show. They didn't play a single one my of hopeful songs, and it was still the best show I've ever seen.

Glad to hear you had a great time! I've heard the Brother, and set II from that show and it was, indeed, a killer.

• 3 weeks later...

from http://www.phish.com/festival8/

Friday, July 24th, 2009

ANNOUNCING PHISH: FESTIVAL 8

We're thrilled to announce Festival 8, a three-day Phish festival which will take place on October 30th, 31st and November 1st at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. With lush green fields and palm trees, and surrounded by vistas of California's majestic Santa Rosa mountains, the festival site is simply breathtaking. And for the first time ever, Phish will combine two of its most cherished traditions - a multi-day camping festival and performing on Halloween - in a glorious three-day celebration.

Keeping the tradition of past Halloween shows, Phish will don a musical costume on Halloween night and cover another band's album. The tradition began on Halloween 1994 with Phish covering The Beatles' The White Album. In subsequent years, they covered The Who's Quadrophenia, Talking Heads' Remain in Light and the Velvet Underground's Loaded.

The band will play eight sets over the course of three days, and as with all past Phish festivals, fans will enjoy on-site camping, numerous attractions and art installations throughout the weekend.

Tickets for Festival 8 will go on sale Monday, July 27th at 10AM Pacific Time for $199 + $1 WaterWheel Donation (plus applicable service fees) via http://places.musictoday.com/festival8/. This includes entry for all 3 days into the event area. All vehicles entering the Car Camping area must also purchase a $15 Vehicle Pass. Limited Car Camping is available. Gates will open for the event at NOON on Thursday, October 29th. Capacity is limited, so advance ticket purchase and carpooling is strongly encouraged.

We've created an official Festival 8 website at phish.com/festival8, where you can find exhaustingly detailed information about the event. We've posted the first wave of information about the festival and plan to update it regularly as more details are confirmed. Complete information, including a listing of different travel packages, is available at now at http://www.phish.com/festival8.

does it seem like some of the hype has died down?i know the chicago show isnt sold out,which i like, but at first you couldnt get decent seats at any show for less then 200 dollas.id like to start hitting up some shows again but dont want to pay 500 to see phish.id like to talk to alot of the lot vendors too i used to know.

Red Rocks tix are still just as scarce and still going for around $200+/night when I do see them pop up. Gonna be a scene.

Lammy, you get down there and get your ass in by hook or by crook. I expect a full review.

Also, Matt (jc4) is heading out there. Be nice if you guys could meet up.

It took me a long time to get back on the train. Actually, I am still not on it. Can anyone give me the nitty gritty update on how the tour is going? Is the band focused? Breakouts? How is the new stuff? Any comparisons to prior years?

Lammy, you get down there and get your ass in by hook or by crook. I expect a full review.

Also, Matt (jc4) is heading out there. Be nice if you guys could meet up.

I'll be there Fri. and Sat. and possibly Sun. The chick might be able to pick up a couple tix in the lot....

yeah i dropped out of the scene too.its pissing me off how they wont announce a tour.just 4 shows then a week later add 3 more then a week later 3 more, etc.they are busting out songs at every show that ive never seen live which makes me want to go but the only people telling me how good they are people who have only seen them since 2003.

It took me a long time to get back on the train. Actually, I am still not on it. Can anyone give me the nitty gritty update on how the tour is going? Is the band focused? Breakouts? How is the new stuff? Any comparisons to prior years?

I just got two GA tickets for the Chicago show for $60. Definitely not selling strong on the secondary market.

I really enjoyed the Bonnaroo and Alpine Valley shows earlier this summer...I thought the band sounded great, much better than I remembered from the 90s and 00s gigs I'd seen, in fact. The soloing was really focused (though a bit more so the first night, both times...seemed like they gave themselves a little more rein on the second night of each stand) and overall I was really impressed. Definitely looking forward to some more dates this fall.

According to an old dear friend of mine who's done the entire tour says they are VERY focused. A better description might be "concise". Not a lot of extraneous noodling or jamming (which is fine by me). I will say the newer tunes aren't going to set the world ablaze, but Trey gets in some scorching leads at the end of nearly every tune I've heard. The best part (according to Eric) regarding the new stuff is that they are mostly upbeat jumping tunes - not a lot of 'introspective' Trey ballads. Thank God. Stuff like "Two Versions Of Me" can get stale pretty quick imo.

Haven't seen any reviews yet but just noticed Bill Kreutzmann of the Dead played played on these songs last night:

Undermind >

Drums >

Seven Below >

2001 >

Waves >

Character Zero

From Billboard.com:

Phish To Deliver Box Of Joy, Additional New Album Included

Reunited jam merchants Phish will release "Joy," its eleventh studio album and first in five year, on September 8, the band announced on its website today. "Joy," recorded earlier this year at Chung King Studios in New York City, sees the group joining forces with producer Steve Lillywhite for ten new songs, many of which were debuted live during the triumphant return to the stage this spring and summer.

As previously reported, fans who had the opportunity to catch Phish during their first proper comeback tour got a taste of nine new tunes, when they showcased swinging blues riffs on "Kill Devil Hills," groovy interplays between guitarist Trey Anastasio and pianist Page McConnell during "Ocelot" and the long, winding jam-friendly "Light." Only "I've Been Around" has yet to make its live debut. In March, the band played "Backwards Down the Number Line" at their first Hampton, Va. reunion gigs.

In addition to a CD release, Phish is selling a limited edition "Joy Box," a deluxe package available exclusively on the band's own e-commerce website, Phish Dry Goods. In addition to the "Joy" CD, the box will include a complete second album on CD entitled "Party Time;" a hardcover book; ten different posters, each representing one of the main album's songs; and a DVD full of live performances culled from the summer tour, including tracks from the group's appearances at the Bonnaroo Festival in June and Fenway Park in Boston. While the box will not ship to fans until October - nearly a month after the official CD release date - purchaser will get a free MP3 download of the album as well on September 8.

Phish is also pressing copies of "Joy" on vinyl records.

"I think when we were in the studio I had the best time that I could," Anastasio told Billboard.com about "Joy" earlier this year."Things have gone beyond my wildest expectations and dreams and I feel like been given so many blessings in my life, between my friendship with the guys in the band, our wonderful audience, being able to play this music, and then my family. I just want to stay in that state of gratitude and try to hope that the music that we play is of value to the audience."

As previously reported, Phish is in the midst of planning Festval 8, an epic three day, eight set concert event which will take place at the Coachella Festival site in Indio, Calif. over Halloween weekend.

Here is the track list for "Joy":

"Twenty Years Later"

"Backwards Down the Number Line"

"Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan"

"Light"

"Joy"

"Sugar Shack"

"Ocelot"

"Kill Devil Falls"

"I've Been Around"

"Time Turns Elastic"