Base relative vorticity of the May 4th, 4007 Greensburg, KS tornado (how much the storm is spinning at the surface). The small, orange/blue/black region in the middle is indicative of the crazy spinning associated with this monster F5. I got home from work that night, went to my radar site because I knew there was an outbreak, and I was lucky enough to get a screen cap.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine was originally wonder woman (well linda carter as wonder woman) because wonder woman is awesome!

and then one day someone started a thread because they were upset and believed that christians today are persecuted and have a very tough draw in life right now and can't practice their religion freely. it pushed my buttons and i got rather riled up and made mention of many religions being persecuted throughout history and made a reference to witches. someone got smart and pointed out that Linda Carter wasn't a witch. It inspired me to change to Glinda the good witch of the north. well because my favorite movie line is "are you a good witch or a bad witch" and that cotton candy pink dress and all those sparklies always made me want to be a good witch.

It's Penfold. He was (is?) a caracter in a cartoon called Dangermouse, which was a delightfully goofy James Bond kind of cartoon several years ago. Penfold is the fraidy-cat but loyal sidekick who says "Crumbs!" in an English accent the way we would say "oh crap!". Kinda campy, but always one of my favorite cartoons to watch with the kids. Haven't seen it in forever, tho. I think it used to be on PBS.

Cool! Great show.. Never saw the poster.

WCAP89.jpg

There's the poster...

Where are you from? I remember seeing your posts about going to the Charleston show (wearing the long sleeved black tshirt w/pretty wife ;) )

I've only had 3 avatars in 2+ years. The first one was Abbie Hoffman (a kindred spirit of mine to be sure). Then Woody Guthrie. This one (which I've had for well over a year) is the logo for the Grateful Dead's "Dick's Picks" series of live recordings. That's Dick Latvala (the now-deceased achivist of the Dead Vault) holding up a vintage reel-to-reel.

Someday I'll get a t shirt made of this.

It's Penfold. He was (is?) a caracter in a cartoon called Dangermouse, which was a delightfully goofy James Bond kind of cartoon several years ago. Penfold is the fraidy-cat but loyal sidekick who says "Crumbs!" in an English accent the way we would say "oh crap!". Kinda campy, but always one of my favorite cartoons to watch with the kids. Haven't seen it in forever, tho. I think it used to be on PBS.

Great, great show. They're all out on DVD now (or at least most of them, anyway).

I am a pediatric infectious disease physician; one of my jobs is running a pediatric HIV clinic in Portland. I happen to take care of all HIV-infected children and adolescents (at least who we know of) in the state of Oregon and SW Washington state. Except the kids with Kaiser Permanente insurance.

Hoping for a viral cure during my medical career.

I like the Bonzo Dog Band.

And, I think that's a funny picture.