The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been posted before, but it is worth reposting. I am not 100% on all of these shows, but from the looks of it, the good people at T.U.B.E. have compiled all of the PJ bootleg series releases from 2000-2006.

http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com/2009/05/pearl-jam-official-bootlegs-from-2000.html

According to these people, PJ's policy is ok with them releasing these, infact they say:

"According to the band policy, they have no problems with trading of official shows that they are no longer selling. On the PEARL JAM SITE, the only shows available for sale are the 2008 Tour shows."

So far all of the megaupload links I have been to have been legit, this is a pretty solid find!

That's pretty strange. Blues Traveler apparently allows the torenting of the live cds they sell, as they only sell them at shows. Usually, when a band sells cds of a show, there are all sorts of warnings with regards to sharing them online.

I take it those files are Mp3 files.

That's pretty strange. Blues Traveler apparently allows the torenting of the live cds they sell, as they only sell them at shows. Usually, when a band sells cds of a show, there are all sorts of warnings with regards to sharing them online.

i'm pretty sure the ten club is cool with people sharing those bootlegs online. there's a guy on the forums on pj's website in the given to fly (live) section who provided a direct sendspace link to every bootleg from 2000,2003,2005 & 2006. the thread is 100's of pages long and has been up for a while. the mods would've taken that down by now if it was against their policy. the files are mp3 by the way, or rar if that's any different.

i'm pretty sure the ten club is cool with people sharing those bootlegs online. there's a guy on the forums on pj's website in the given to fly (live) section who provided a direct sendspace link to every bootleg from 2000,2003,2005 & 2006. the thread is 100's of pages long and has been up for a while. the mods would've taken that down by now if it was against their policy. the files are mp3 by the way, or rar if that's any different.

RAR is a what the Mp3 files are housed in - it is like WinZip.

I suppose they are available in FLAC on a BT site somewhere out there.

I have several of them. I bought them when they came out.

Yes they are Mp3s

That link has shows from 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2006, so they are probably the same sendspaces. There are megauploads too

PJ seems to be really open to music trading, gremmie.net is still around, now THATS a good site!

Yes they are Mp3s

That link has shows from 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2006, so they are probably the same sendspaces. There are megauploads too

PJ seems to be really open to music trading, gremmie.net is still around, now THATS a good site!

I suppose one of the reasons they can get away with that is due to the fact that those live cds were self-released. They did not use Instant Live or some other company.

I don't know how Blues Traveler gets away with this:

Please note: Blues Traveler allows trading and torrenting of their Instant Live CDs, as they are not made available for sale anywhere other than the show.

I read some posts once about someone getting in trouble for doing that with the Black Crowes Instant Live discs.

Anyone have a specific concert to check out?

there's too many great ones over that span of time to really point out one show in particular, but a personal favorite of mine is pittsburgh '06. cincy '06 is worth checking out as well, it has the greatest rendition of crazy mary that the band has ever performed, and i own about 100 pearl jam bootlegs.

the state college show from '03 is pretty well known and was available in stores for a while, but if you've never heard that, download it now.

it's really hard to go wrong with any live pearl jam, especially considering how good the sound quality is on all of these recordings.

oh yeah, and the '05 shows were phenomenal. ottawa and philly in particular. long long killer set lists.

some good shows

9/11/98

8/24/00

3/3/03, 4/30/03, 7/14/03

5/12/06

6/27/08

of course these are mostly east coast shows which I attended, except for the tokyo show, so I am a bit biased

but these are all really good shows

Does anyone know if 2009-08-21 (Toronto) was taped? I don't see it on etree, and my dime account was toasted. Any help much appreciated.

Does anyone know if 2009-08-21 (Toronto) was taped? I don't see it on etree, and my dime account was toasted. Any help much appreciated.

yes it was. it should be available within a couple weeks. i don't know the deal with etree, but if anything you'd probably just get an audience recording from that site. pearl jam is doing official 2009 boots, keep checkin their website, you'll be able to buy a download in flac form, or purchase an actual physical copy of the cd once it's available.

The deal is you don't have to pay for AUD tapes. I have seen some recent Pearl Jam shows on bt.etree.org. I figure there is a Pearl Jam BT site out there somewhere. I would find that, and check there.

The deal is you don't have to pay for AUD tapes. I have seen some recent Pearl Jam shows on bt.etree.org. I figure there is a Pearl Jam BT site out there somewhere. I would find that, and check there.

okay, well all i'm saying is that if it's a current bootleg that pearl jam is selling through their website, like the toronto show that was asked about, you'd be better off buying it through their website. i don't doubt that you could get a recording of the show elsewhere, but it's probably a sub-par audience recording or something of that sort. the ten club is usually pretty good about keeping their official bootlegs from floating around on the internet. the reason you can download the official 2000-2007 shows now is because they are no longer being sold through the ten club. if you don't care about sound quality then i guess it doesn't matter, but i just wanted to let the person know who asked that there is an option to buy professional recordings for the '09 shows.

Oh, I am sure those are out there to be had also. It may be illegal, but I bet they are out there somewhere. We must remember that not all AUD tapes are inferior. Actually, most of them sound fine to me. Of course, I am use to hearing Wilco AUD tapes. The dynamics are of course differnet.

I see your point though.

One of the reasons they began selling live shows was to put a stop to people selling shows for lots of money. That is the one good thing about bands that allow their shows to be put up on BT sites and whatnot, it kills the need for someone to have to pay for a show. Unless they want to buy what the band is putting out, that is. I see they are still offering a physical cd of the show, as well as, an Mp3 or FLAC download. That is pretty cool.

I was just amazed to see that they would allow something they use to sell to be now be given away. That, I have never heard of before. Like I said, usually the bands that put out those official live discs are pretty touchy about any of them ever being passed around for free. Whether they are in print or not. Or so I have read.

image5270200.jpg

I was at the game. Had no idea it was going to be Eddie doing the pitch and the stretch. Was a fun three Pearl Jam days with the Sunday and Monday shows. Night 1 being a little bit better than night 2 in my opinion. I forgot how good that band can be...

Billboard.com

Pearl Jam scores the week's highest debut on the Billboard Hot 100, which also sees the Black Eyed Peas, Jay Sean and Creed all making waves.

Entering at No. 56 is the Seattle rock band's "The Fixer," which earns Pearl Jam its best-ever download sales week with 32,000 tracks. The last time Pearl Jam was on the Hot 100 was in 2006 with "World Wide Suicide," which debuted and peaked at No. 41 the week it sold 20,000 downloads.

Weird how a band that was so huge (and still has a large & loyal base) doesn`t chart higher. Also ironic is how they held out touring in the past because of ticket price gouging.....the show they played 2 weeks ago in Toronto was in a medium sized outdoor venue and sold out in minutes; even the lawn tickets were being traded at 400 bucks a pop. With that kind of demand they could have sold ten times the number of tickets here this year. (same for Leonard Cohen)

:dontgetit

Weird how a band that was so huge (and still has a large & loyal base) doesn`t chart higher. Also ironic is how they held out touring in the past because of ticket price gouging.....the show they played 2 weeks ago in Toronto was in a medium sized outdoor venue and sold out in minutes; even the lawn tickets were being traded at 400 bucks a pop. With that kind of demand they could have sold ten times the number of tickets here this year. (same for Leonard Cohen)

:dontgetit

they dont chart higher because people dont pay for music anymore-thats also why they charge $85 a ticket-because they dont make anywhere near as much from record sales-but that being said, they have embraced more of the commercial side of the music business in recent years-but again, thats because people dont have to buy their records anymore.

PJ loves those medium sized ampitheaters as opposed to stadiums or large indoor arenas-and 10c Toronto tickets were available for more than 24 hours

they will do a much bigger tour in 2010

The 96' Bridge School, perhaps my favorite boot of all time by anyone. Do yourself a favor and Youtube corduroy from that show, might be extra special for those Jack Irons lovers.

I was at that show!