• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked out Pete's Lifehouse DVD release from the library ---- from 2000 ---- been listening to the latest boxset a lot - via Spotify --- this Dvd is pretty great.   Checking the credits, I

Just came across this. I do love Pete’s voice. It’s always a great complement to the songs. His section in songs such as Naked Eye, Bargain, and  Baba O’Riley, and his Who songs ( I’m One, Eminence, H

Proceeding that release was the 6 discs Lifehouse Chronicles box set - which you could only get online. I had to idea how to do that back then. Plus it was a bunch of money. Now all these years later

I was watching last night's Fallon this morning and my 10 year old son said, "Holy cow! He's old, but he swings his arm like he's young."

I was watching it last night with my wife and she said the same thing - I know, not the same at 10 year old, but she said 'how does he he still do that,'

I pulled at single floor ticket for the Chicago show, but just can't pull the trigger due to costs. Never seen the Who.

Plus, my wife told me if I was going to go see them, she would have to go, too -- which would make even more expensive.

For those Who don't know Who that guitar player is - he is Pete's brother, Simon. Too bad Pete isn't playing Gibson guitars these days. I don't know why Roger is playing an acoustic guitar there - I have never seen that before. It may be because there is not enough space for him to swing his microphone cable in the studio there.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry and encouraged me to go to the show.  I scored a floor ticket yesterday morning and had a great time finally seeing the Who.  I have no previous Who tours to compare it to, but I thoroughly enjoyed the greatest hits setlist and finally getting to see Townsend play electric guitar.  Adding to my night was getting together pre-show with Mr. Tinnitus Photography for some beers and dinner and 90 minutes of talking about music.   Excellent night for me all around.

I enjoyed seeing The Who earlier in the week in Boston as well.it was a full Garden and full of energy. Similar to WRP I had not seen them prior. Although I did catch Roger and had beers w/ Townsends Brothers ( Paul & Simon ) at the House of Blues show 5 yrs ago. More on point Townsend got looser and more aggressive with his guitar as the night wore on and it was a pleasure to see.Rogers voice is doing quite well for a man who screams We Won't Get Fooled Again in his 70s. A night that I will remember for awhile.

I went last night in Chicago and despite the fact that  I really don't enjoy seeing shows at large venues, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Roger and Pete both sounded great (as did the rest of the band).  The presentation on video boards behind the stage was spectacular (much like the Quadrophenia tour).  The set list was mostly pretty predictable -- all the hits -- except for a couple of inspired notable exceptions (The Rock & Amazing Journey/Sparks).  What I enjoyed most was, despite their long history of disagreements, the relationship between Roger and Pete has evolved or matured to one of genuine respect and affection. Lots of cool moments. 

Although I don't listen to The Who much anymore, there's never been a band I've loved as intensely as I loved The Who when I was in my teens and twenties (a LONG time ago).  They were an important part of my life and I'm glad I got another opportunity (likely my last) to see them live last night.  Long Live Rock!   

Crap - I was hoping you (Chez) were going to say it sucked and sounded horrible --- glad it didn't, though! Thanks for the review.

It would have been cool to see The Rock and Amazing Journey/Sparks.

What I enjoyed most was, despite their long history of disagreements, the relationship between Roger and Pete has evolved or matured to one of genuine respect and affection. Lots of cool moments. 

Although I don't listen to The Who much anymore, there's never been a band I've loved as intensely as I loved The Who when I was in my teens and twenties (a LONG time ago).  They were an important part of my life and I'm glad I got another opportunity (likely my last) to see them live last night.  Long Live Rock!   

Ditto.

• 1 month later...

Yeah - I know, it's one of my favorites, though.

Maybe, because other than the title track, the only time one is going to hear the other tunes is if you listen to the record.

I love Pete's guitar playing on it - Roger sounds great. The lyrics, throughout, are far from great. Moon is a shadow. Entwistle is not much of a factor, either.

Still a great album.

Guitar and Pen, Music Must Change and the title track are lifelong favorites. A slightly sad coda to the original band, but still enjoyable.

And I love the crap out of By Numbers. Quadrophenia is practically a religious document in my life.

According to Dave Marsh -  the story was they spent more time hanging out than recording. And supposedly Keith's drum work was done in a couple of days towards the end of the sessions. I like the song Love is Coming Down. Or maybe I should say I like the way Roger sings it. And Had Enough is one of the few times Roger was the lead singer on a song John wrote.