Wilco Solid Sound Festival

Can't Wait To Cruise Up To Mass. Sporting My New License Plates. Just Came In The Mail Today!

I think it it would be awesome if we could one person from every state to do this.

Let's go folks, Only 49 more to go.

You mean like this?

IMG00094.jpg

Just got these in the mail a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I won't be cruising to North Adams in this car, since I'll be flying in from Virginia, but I have gotten a few comments from locals. This was a big change for me and a sign of commitment to the band, since my previous plates were DD WAH DD. (Which I really liked!)

IMG00094.jpg

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like this?

IMG00094.jpg

Just got these in the mail a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I won't be cruising to North Adams in this car, since I'll be flying in from Virginia, but I have gotten a few comments from locals. This was a big change for me and a sign of commitment to the band, since my previous plates were DD WAH DD. (Which I really liked!)

Whoa. I live in Virginia. I'm gonna have to keep a look out for those plates.

We need the SSF organizers to rope off a parking section within the Moca for all the Wilco plate holders travelling to the festival. What a great picture that could be! Or make it like a cruise night, and everyone shows up to hang in the parking lot. I saw a plate parked at the FOMBA trails in NH with a WILCO 2 NH state license plate last week. I couldn't find the guy to compliment him on it though. I wonder who has WILCO 1 in NH? Tinnitus Photogs? Anyway, just a thought.

Just released my rooms at the Holiday Inn if anyone is looking for accommodations. The one in North Adams. We are staying with my band mate so we can use the money for other things. Can't wait for the weekend! Just got off the phone with the HI and they told me there is a lot of action going on getting ready for the event! All good stuff!!!!

Hope this helps someone.

The direct number is:413-663-6500.

Have a great day all!

Just released my rooms at the Holiday Inn if anyone is looking for accommodations. The one in North Adams. We are staying with my band mate so we can use the money for other things. Can't wait for the weekend! Just got off the phone with the HI and they told me there is a lot of action going on getting ready for the event! All good stuff!!!!

Hope this helps someone.

The direct number is:413-663-6500.

Have a great day all!

shucks, just called and it's not available! someone must have beat me to it!

I have a feeling that this 'festival' is going to be a lot more intimate than the promoters would have liked (great news for the handful of people going). Less than two weeks out and just now I am getting emails from 'The Bowery Presents' promoting this show... can you say 'day late- dollar short'. Between this last minute push and the many tickets being sold here on VC - I have a feeling that there will be way less people than originally expected. I guess a lack of attendees is the payoff for doing this kind of show in the remote North Adams, MA.

Oh yeah... I could have pulled this off and might have come up if I could have bought a single day ticket. You wonder if anyone involved has ever thrown a festival before. Not selling single day tickets.... probably would have been easier for the organizers to actually shoot themselves in the foot.

I have a feeling that this 'festival' is going to be a lot more intimate than the promoters would have liked (great news for the handful of people going). Less than two weeks out and just now I am getting emails from 'The Bowery Presents' promoting this show... can you say 'day late- dollar short'. Between this last minute push and the many tickets being sold here on VC - I have a feeling that there will be way less people than originally expected. I guess a lack of attendees is the payoff for doing this kind of show in the remote North Adams, MA.

Oh yeah... I could have pulled this off and might have come up if I could have bought a single day ticket. You wonder if anyone involved has ever thrown a festival before. Not selling single day tickets.... probably would have been easier for the organizers to actually shoot themselves in the foot.

As far as i can tell Wilco is the promoter... Being a "Wilco festival", with band members featured for a number of sets. Along with the obscure artist on the bill, as well as the venue they are playing, I'm sure the production of this event is not costing the band much in overhead.

It's not going to take a lot in ticket sales and merch sales to turn a profit. I do hope the band turns a profit, but as someone who is going. i was not expecting the normal festival bull shit, i.e.: thousands of rude, obnoxious, uncomfortable people crammed into a dusty field. I had hoped for a more intimate event, centered with the music of Wilco and other artist they think worthy. And like most Wilco shows i have attended, the "hand full of people" that go are mostly pretty fucken' cool

As far as i can tell Wilco is the promoter... Being a "Wilco festival", with band members featured for a number of sets. Along with the obscure artist on the bill, as well as the venue they are playing, I'm sure the production of this event is not costing the band much in overhead.

It's not going to take a lot in ticket sales and merch sales to turn a profit. I do hope the band turns a profit, but as someone who is going. i was not expecting the normal festival bull shit, i.e.: thousands of rude, obnoxious, uncomfortable people crammed into a dusty field. I had hoped for a more intimate event, centered with the music of Wilco and other artist they think worthy. And like most Wilco shows i have attended, the "hand full of people" that go are mostly pretty fucken' cool

Well said, timewasajoke! I feel the same. I think this will not be the average "festival" at all...if it were, I wouldn't be coming. This will be a Wilco festival, and will be wonderful in the same sense a Wilco concert is distinct from the average concert. There's a certain spirit and sensibility that lifts it above the rest.

I can't wait to be a part of this. :cheers I can't wait to meet everyone who is coming!

Well...looks like I won't be able to make it to the fest

I just canceled my camping reservations at Clarksburg State Park, so if anyone is still looking for camping you should be able to get this site now through reserve america.

Anyone is still looking for a ticket? I can make you a good deal... PM me.

SG

Yep, yep and yep. To all the above, Kidsmoke and Timewasajoke. I've gone to quite a few festivals, and they can be fun, but they're also frustrating, with too many different acts vying for your attention, too short sets from the performers you really want to see, long lines at porta potties, and on and on.

This, on the other hand, is like Wilco nirvana. I mean, who's going to come? Nothing but Wilco fans! And probably not too many casual fans, either--I don't expect there to be too many sloppy drunks, inconsiderate yakkers, frat boys trying to latch on to something indie and cool. I think it's going to be mainly hardcore fans--with of course a sprinkling of people who live in the surrounding areas. And boy, is that ever ALL RIGHT with me!

As to single day tickets, I think Wilco was showing respect for the other artists there by making it weekend passes only. Let's face it, most of the other acts are not super well known, and if they sold single day passes the other acts would likely not get much attention. As it is, I'll probably give most of them a listen. And besides, $86.50 for an entire weekend?? You'd pay that for for a single show by "the fucking Eagles!" (Nod to Lebowski.)

OK, off my soapbox. I could not possibly be more excited than I am for this festival! :worship

As to single day tickets, I think Wilco was showing respect for the other artists there by making it weekend passes only. Let's face it, most of the other acts are not super well known, and if they sold single day passes the other acts would likely not get much attention. As it is, I'll probably give most of them a listen. And besides, $86.50 for an entire weekend?? You'd pay that for for a single show by "the fucking Eagles!" (Nod to Lebowski.)

OK, off my soapbox. I could not possibly be more excited than I am for this festival! :worship

Amen sista -- this is my 16th Wilco concert, and the most expensive. And -- with only 8,000 attendees -- as opposed to the 15,000 I thought, it's gonna be outstadning -- a truly memorable, once in a life time type thing.

I would expect closer to 4 or 5K attendees. Good post Wilco Me. This is going to be intimate and a lot of fun. I agree that they were expecting a whole lot more as well. I'm excited I was able to pull this off and started listening to Wilco again this week. (I take long breaks because between listening so I ensure longetivity in my rotation lol).

Here's hoping they open with Misunderstood and finish with something like Outtasite with some Candy Floss tossed in for fun.

I just added it up. I've seen Wilco 10 times, the first being in 2003 and the last at Red Rocks last year unless we count Tweedy solo who I saw in December and at Lollapalooza as well which would make the grand total 12. I did not see the band at all in 2006 or 2007.

I'm loving the North Adams extended forecast for the weekend! NYC is so f*ing hot right now! Can't wait to get up there!

Oh good god it is so flippen hot in NY/NJ -- it's like walking in tar. 75 degrees and partly sunny? God bless.

I bet there's a chance we hear "Comment (All Men Are Truly Brothers)"

Right? Right!

If there was ever a moment to play the rarities... This is it! Looking forward to a new track (?), Pieholden Suite, and a solo Jeff on So Much Wine.

That forcast is starting to look a bit wet. A weekekend of rain may be in our future.

eep, yeah. just checked weather.com's 10 day forecast...

friday: isolated thunderstorms

saturday: possible scattered thunderstorms

sunday: few thunderstorms possible.

also, any word on set times and stuff like that? we're a week away and there are no details about this

i can deal with scattered T-storms. And after two weeks of brutal heat where i live, a good soaker might not be to bad as long as it doesn't interfere with my recording. Speaking of taping, is anyone else on this board planing on running a wire for this event other than me?

i can deal with scattered T-storms. And after two weeks of brutal heat where i live, a good soaker might not be to bad as long as it doesn't interfere with my recording. Speaking of taping, is anyone else on this board planing on running a wire for this event other than me?

Don't put any weight in nothing more than someone looking into a crystal ball. That's all meterology is these days, that and looking at your competition's forecast. Things change greatly here in New England, we have had a pretty dry summer as opposed to last year's deluge. Hopefully the clouds can't hear me, but we have had relatively dry weekends most of the summer, shhhh! EXPECT a thunderstorm or two, it is August in New England and North Adams is pretty hilly (berkshires) compared to the rest of Assachusetts. Go to NWS or weather.com for climate data if you need to look that far in advance.

I really think its too early to talk about weather, but who care's what I think, chat it up!