Wilco Solid Sound Festival

Just booked my hotel :). So exciting! I have only seen Wilco once in my life (Lollapalooza 2008), so I'm absolutely thrilled I'll be seeing them in a bit more than a month!!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extending an offer to all for additional people to join my campsite! I have a waterfront site at Clarksburg by myself and am open to others joining me if anyone needs a homebase. I have a small tent and all the necessary camping items, you just need a tent, food and beverages. I plan on drinking beer at the site and we can do so if we are quiet and discreet (with cups because of the no alcohol rule, but not to worry as I have never been busted at a mass campsite before). I am coming from North of Massacusetts if you need to carpool, doubt I'd have room in my little car though. I have the site from Friday thru Monday. I am really a super nice 36 year old guy that is considerate and concientous of all. My buddy would normally be joining me, but because of scheduling conflicts that won't happen.

Send a PM if Interested and Thanks!

Bummer -- according to Universal Trend-setter (all thing Scott McCoi) Peter Buck will be "benched" for Baseball Project at SSF, and Mike Mills will be pitch hitting. :ohwell

Will my dream of PB and JT on the same stage ever become reality?

In 2003, Wilco opened a few shows on the West Coast for R.E.M. and the entire band joined Wilco for California Stars at Red Rocks. That show might be on Owl, if you're interested.

--Mike

In 2003, Wilco opened a few shows on the West Coast for R.E.M. and the entire band joined Wilco for California Stars at Red Rocks. That show might be on Owl, if you're interested.

--Mike

Thaks for the tip.....Man, wish I had a time machine and could go back in time!!!

Bummer -- according to Universal Trend-setter (all thing Scott McCoi) Peter Buck will be "benched" for Baseball Project at SSF, and Mike Mills will be pitch hitting. :ohwell

Happened last year in Athens as well. I'm not joking when I say that I don't think most of the audience knew who they were.

--Mike

And didn't REM (or was it wilcoworld?) release a live version of Country Feedback that Wilco plays on? I swear I have that somewhere ...

Any ideas about the use of cameras at Solid Sound? It would be nice if someone from the band management would let us know. I'm thinking that at a large outdoor venue like this, cameras may in fact be permitted, but I'd like to know "from the horse's mouth" if possible.

Because I'm hoping we'll have not only the band but also their friends and families, maybe (very wishful thinking here) strolling around the grounds and mixing a bit with the crowd, it'd be nice to have good positive vibes all around and not stir up any crankiness!

Because I'm hoping we'll have not only the band but also their friends and families, maybe (very wishful thinking here) strolling around the grounds and mixing a bit with the crowd, it'd be nice to have good positive vibes all around and not stir up any crankiness!

Since Wilco has instituted a "No Photography" policy during shows, I would imagine the same policy will hold true for the Wilco and Tweedy shows during Solid Sound. If you're wondering about having your camera on the festival grounds in general, you could probably direct that question to Mass MoCA and get a timely response.

I had not looked at the schedule until this morning. Who's friend is the Deep Blue Organ Trio that they get two slots?? I didn't know anything about the Books until this weekend when they got a notice in the NY Times. I guess they had to let them in since they are from North Adams.

Strangely I was expecting more, but at least the Numero Group is DJing.

LouieB

37260_452389796489_21660976489_6667540_516528_n.jpg

In the MASSMoCA parking lot . . .

I saw this post and was looking to click on the "Like" button! Doh!!!

:thumbup

Happened last year in Athens as well. I'm not joking when I say that I don't think most of the audience knew who they were.

The video of the Buck/Wilco California Stars can be found on Youtube, house rules prevent us from linking to it, but it can probably be found pretty easily.

--Mike

I had not looked at the schedule until this morning. Who's friend is the Deep Blue Organ Trio that they get two slots?? I didn't know anything about the Books until this weekend when they got a notice in the NY Times. I guess they had to let them in since they are from North Adams.

Strangely I was expecting more, but at least the Numero Group is DJing.

LouieB

Deep Blue Organ trio is a good group. Check 'em out.

Who's ready for this?! It's almost here. I just finished purchasing the rest of my airfare. So glad I was able to pull this off and it's only a month away now.

I am beyond ready. It's what I'm living for! I just hope my friends, family and co-workers can put up with me for the next month. I do kinda wonder what new obsession will overtake me once the festival is over, though.

I am beyond ready. It's what I'm living for! I just hope my friends, family and co-workers can put up with me for the next month. I do kinda wonder what new obsession will overtake me once the festival is over, though.

colon_bidet.jpg

I recommend The National. :)

The main stage where Wilco will perform Saturday night and Sunday afternoon is a grassy glade next to the train tracks.

From this article.

Looks like two sets to me.

I also remember that there were two Wilco sets announces initially, so if I'd bought tickets I would have been a bit annoyed as well. If you announce it, you really should do it.

That said, I'd be excited to go either way. I'm sad I don't have the cash to go, and I think the price is reasonable. I wish all of you who are attending a splendid time!

From this article.

Looks like two sets to me.

I also remember that there were two Wilco sets announces initially, so if I'd bought tickets I would have been a bit annoyed as well. If you announce it, you really should do it.

That said, I'd be excited to go either way. I'm sad I don't have the cash to go, and I think the price is reasonable. I wish all of you who are attending a splendid time!

I think that the general public--which is who these articles are written for, not hardcore fans--would not see a huge distinction between Wilco and Jeff Tweedy solo. And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I for one would prefer to see a Tweedy solo show rather than a second Wilco show, since that is a relatively rare treat. Besides, I'm not at all convinced that the band won't come out and close out the Tweedy solo show as a grand finale to the festival.

seems like "Jeff Tweedy +" is just a coy way of saying their Sunday afternoon set will be akin to the mid show "acoustic" sets the band did on the "evening with" shows this spring which I am TOTALLY in favor of!!

seems like "Jeff Tweedy +" is just a coy way of saying their Sunday afternoon set will be akin to the mid show "acoustic" sets the band did on the "evening with" shows this spring which I am TOTALLY in favor of!!

Exactly. That + is not accidental. I imagine Ms. Staples will join in as well on Sunday.