Wilco Solid Sound Festival

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just find a local taxi and call 'em for an estimate

good call. i ended up asking, and it'd be around $40 apparently.

So uhhmm...if anyone is going to be staying in pittsfield, can you maybe drive two people? i'll split costs!

i have never seen anything but a Saturday night Wilco show announced. Most of their shows are two sets anyway. The opening set and the encores. When you play three hours, thats two sets. Even if you only break for a short time.

I can't believe anyone will NOT get their fix of wilco over that weekend.

No, not sets, two headline peformances! I remember where I read it now.. very first post of this thread lol.

This festival will feature two headline performances by Wilco, plus individual performances by all the Wilco members' side projects including: Glenn Kotche's On Fillmore, The Nels Cline Singers, The Autumn Defense featuring John Stirratt and Pat Sansone and Mikael Jorgensen's Pronto. Festival is outdoors, rain or shine.

So I guess we need to find out if we are still getting two!

• 2 weeks later...

They added a cool new promo video on the Solid Sound website, and it looks like Mavis Staples has been added along with some comedians (Todd Barry, Hannibal Buress, John Mulaney, and Kristen Schaal). Would have to think Fred Armisen would be added at some point?!

http://www.solidsoundfestival.com

YES! Mavis, and Todd Barry, Kristen Schaal and John Mulaney. Now I'm officially psyched. :dancing

Who needs Wilco? Er, um... :pirate

Well, my world has sort of collapsed. I had a major car issue and i will no longer be able to attend this wonderful event. It kills me. I do however have 2 tickets to this festival for sale. I will sell them for $80 each which should save people service fees plus a few dollars off of face value. If anyone is interested PM me. These are obviously hard tickets and in hand. We can do paypal or whatever you are comfortable with. I'm really disapointed i'm going to have to miss this show. :(

Well, my world has sort of collapsed. I had a major car issue and i will no longer be able to attend this wonderful event. It kills me. I do however have 2 tickets to this festival for sale. I will sell them for $80 each which should save people service fees plus a few dollars off of face value. If anyone is interested PM me. These are obviously hard tickets and in hand. We can do paypal or whatever you are comfortable with. I'm really disapointed i'm going to have to miss this show. :(

That's rough, sorry to hear it.

I can not be the only person waiting for a detailed artist schedule for the Solid Sound Festival. Some of us can not come to all three nights of this event and need to do some advance planning. Please Wilco/TMM/Higher Ground (whoever is in charge) share this information. Thanks in advance.

>>

I can not be the only person waiting for anxiously waiting for a detailed artist schedule for the Solid Sound Festival. Some of us can not come to all three nights of this event and need to do some advance planning. Please Wilco/TMM/Higher Ground (whoever is in charge) share this information. Thanks in advance.

>>

Oh, me too! I'll be there the whole time and I figure they'll make this a really special event, so I haven't been stressing about the details too much, but I would be over the moon if we get a Tweedy solo set. Maybe with Spencer on drums? (Yes, in my fantasy world, I'm imagining the whole Tweedy family wandering around the grounds, mingling with fans, maybe a couple of spontaneous happenings. It will be like that, right?? :yes :yes )

I can not be the only person waiting for a detailed artist schedule for the Solid Sound Festival. Some of us can not come to all three nights of this event and need to do some advance planning. Please Wilco/TMM/Higher Ground (whoever is in charge) share this information. Thanks in advance.

>>

Hopefully we'll see a schedule soon. Lollapalooza released their daily schedule about a week ago and that festival is a week prior to SS. No times or anything, but at least now know which day bands are playing. Hopefully that is an indicator that we'll know soon.

On another note, are there going to be VC meet ups? Anybody still looking for camping space? I have room at my site - hit me up with a pm if interested.

We definitely need to have some kind of VC meet up. I'm not "senior" enough on this board to do the arranging, but I hope one of our veterans will take on this task!

I'm staying at a hotel in Williamstown, about 5 miles from Mass MoCA, and I found my roommate on this board! We've made our plans already--to fly into Boston (from our respective cities) early Friday morning, rent a car and make a mini road trip of it. Considering that we're flying out of Boston, we're staying over Sunday night and leaving early Monday morning.

Just thought I'd share, in case anyone else is thinking about how to arrange the travel. We considered other, closer airports, but the rates in and out of Boston are competitive and there are lots of flights, which is good if you're meeting up with someone from another city.

I'd love to hear about other peoples' plans for the weekend, and if anyone knows of some interesting stop along the way from Boston to North Adams, please share!

Katherine Myers, museum spokeswoman, said Tuesday. "We plan to have the main stage, with the festival’s headliners, and a few other smaller stages out there. We need to make the field level, so it will be safer and better for the festival."

She said the museum needed to officially take hold of the parcel, which abuts the South Branch of the Hoosic River, in order to level the field and fence it in.

I have been to many festivals over the past 15 years - evening working a few of the prominent north east music festivals and I have to admit - this news makes me a little bit nervous. Everybody who has been to a music festival knows (besides porto-potties) the actual concert field is a most important element to the weekend. I have been at shows where the concert field flooded on day one making a it mudding mess for the rest of the weekend. I have been to an outdoor venue where they tried to lay sod 7 weeks two prior to a show only to have it dry up, get pulled out of place and turn the venue into a giant dust bowl. When the venue was first announced I had a hard time imagining how this was going to work. First they pick a city with virtually zero hotel rooms. Plenty of camping ... great, but I feel that most the Wilco crowd would rather spend a couple nights in a hotel with a bed and running water as opposed to a campground for multiple nights. And now we learn that only 8 weeks out they do not have a concert field. Instead it still has to be made or as MassMoca states "we need to make the field level". I hope they deal with the drainage issue properly, because that part of western MA gets afternoon thunderstorms daily in the late summer months.

I am also still hoping to see a detailed artist schedule soon. I was hoping to hit this event with my husband, but it looks like we will be bailing the Solid Sound in its entirety spending that weekend on the RI beaches. If they would announce the line up with times- I might make the journey up for Friday night as our summer rental doesn't start until Saturday at noon.

FYI, Jambase is showing three confirmed acts and days for Solid Sound Festival. Start with the Mavis Staples piece on how Tweedy influenced it, production, etc. and then see her summer dates for Solid sound info. Mavis and Mountain Man are Saturday headline (if not Wilco) and Avi Buffalo is playing Sunday at at some point. I'd love to see Wilco 3 nights in a row! Fingers crossed.