• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually taking it a lot harder this morning than I was last night.

opposite of me. i took it really hard last night and could hardly sleep, but am getting more optimistic by the hour. i just can't go back and dissect the game over and over like i was last night... 7:05 can't get here quick enough!

opposite of me. i took it really hard last night and could hardly sleep, but am getting more optimistic by the hour. i just can't go back and dissect the game over and over like i was last night... 7:05 can't get here quick enough!

I've tried to avoid as much coverage as I can today. I can't take it. Unfortunately, I'm not at all optimistic and I've tried to resign myself to somehow being satisfied with the overall season if they lose tonight. That's not to say I don't think they can win...I'm just not feeling great about it.

Big League Stew has the story of the fan who caught Freese's homer:

http://sports.yahoo....urn=mlb-wp25597

I like his friend sporting the Cubs t-shirt.

I think I would've asked for either the front or back of Freese's shredded jersey. The HOF could take the other half, whatever.

Question:

Trying to figure out a way to ask this without ruffling any feathers but I don't know if I can, so I'm just going to fire away. I'm curious how the Rangers fans on the board feel about every-other crowd shot in Arlington being of GWB? I'm curious how that feels to a fan of the Rangers, who's not a fan of the man? Seriously.

I think I would've asked for either the front or back of Freese's shredded jersey. The HOF could take the other half, whatever.

Question:

Trying to figure out a way to ask this without ruffling any feathers but I don't know if I can, so I'm just going to fire away. I'm curious how the Rangers fans on the board feel about every-other crowd shot in Arlington being of GWB? I'm curious how that feels to a fan of the Rangers, who's not a fan of the man? Seriously.

Let it go brah.

Question:

He's a former owner of the Rangers and a former president of this country and he goes to a ton of games during the season. What's the problem?

He's a former owner of the Rangers and a former president of this country and he goes to a ton of games during the season. What's the problem?

There's no problem. I know he was a part-owner. Regardless of your political bent, I think you have to admit that he was and remains a pretty polarizing figure, so I'm curious how a die-hard Rangers fan who didn't care for GWB reconciles those two feelings. But, if people would rather not discuss it...

I would be much more disturbed/infuriated by constant images of Tom Hicks throughout a Rangers' broadcast.

Word

I love Theo already.

I wonder who the next Cub's manager will be, Ryno was the fan favorite choice, but I don't think the best. Theo stated he wanted someone with Big League experience. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Bob Brenely, the Cubs current TV color guy. He has won a world series, knows the cubs organizations, and has some very interesting ideas about the team.

There is some talk that Theo will try to get Francona to manage for the Cubs, but I doubt it.