• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 2 years I've been watching highlights on my iPhone on MLB's mobile website in the "Video" section, but the past two days I've been getting the message "This feature not available on this phone." Do any of you who have an iPhone have this same problem?

For 2 years I've been watching highlights on my iPhone on MLB's mobile website in the "Video" section, but the past two days I've been getting the message "This feature not available on this phone." Do any of you who have an iPhone have this same problem?

Are you using the MLB iPhone App? That is what I use and have no issues with video and the like. It was $14.99, kinda pricey, but I get for the radio feeds of all the games. Also the condensed games are pretty cool.

Are you using the MLB iPhone App? That is what I use and have no issues with video and the like. It was $14.99, kinda pricey, but I get for the radio feeds of all the games. Also the condensed games are pretty cool.

No. It's just the mobile site. I just checked. I can watch the videos again now. Must have been an update period for them. Thanks anyway.

Anyone who thinks that sport athletes do not bet (on) anything should buy land in Zimbabwe. A friend of a friend of a friend etc. comes in very handy. ;) This is a diversion to make it seem like gambling doesn't occur in the MLB. The MLB made us think that no one was using steroids either. I'm not saying every player, ump or coach partakes in it, but the MLB has no third party patrolling such issues to know either way. Rather, let us know either way.

It is funny though to see Matt Damon's name listed in another variation on this story. A whole day after that video of him with a shaved head defending teachers, the next he's in a dark room secret poker game that involved drugs and violence. Speaking of which, why won't Hollywood penalize Damon and DiCaprio and Ben Affleck? They have every right to do whatever they want. The problem is that A-Rod got snitched out and this is turning into a big story and he's going to be the scapegoat for the MLB. I wonder if this will get fans thinking that players gamble on games and a further investigation is necessary.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110810_Trailing_6-0__Phillies_rally_to_beat_Dodgers__finish_trip_9-1.html

goooooodness, these are heady times for phillies phans. as a 10 year old in 1976, i witnessed my fathers clubhouse celebration from the comfort of his recliner.

He laughed, he cried, laughed again, only to sob without apology, shaking and spraying Pabst Blue Ribbon all over the den, stopping only for toasts with the players (on that state of the art 27 inch RCA).

What's wrong Dad, i thought.

later, I came to understand that he'd waited since the 1950 whiz kids to experience such joy. and lived to survive 1964, too.

as a kid - 1976 - 1984 were phillies gold.

as a phan, i never turned my back before or after the outlier that was 1993. and I'll never forget where I was when Mitch (since absolved) threw the Pitch.

I tell my 16 year old son,apparently often, he reports, that this era of Phillie Karma is without precedent.

i know, dad, i know.

i'm pretty sure he has no idea what i'm trying to warn him about, but loves the team unconditionally.

and i love uncle charlie's last quote of the link:

"Gotta get dressed!, Gotta go to Philly, son!"

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110819&content_id=23424490&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Cubs dismissed GM Jim Hendry today, but he was told nearly a month ago his services would no longer be needed after the trade and draft signing deadlines. I'm sure the new owner would love it for a couple of those heavy contracts he gave out were to be picked off by waiver claims by other clubs in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone who thinks that sport athletes do not bet (on) anything should buy land in Zimbabwe. A friend of a friend of a friend etc. comes in very handy. ;) This is a diversion to make it seem like gambling doesn't occur in the MLB. The MLB made us think that no one was using steroids either. I'm not saying every player, ump or coach partakes in it, but the MLB has no third party patrolling such issues to know either way. Rather, let us know either way.

It is funny though to see Matt Damon's name listed in another variation on this story. A whole day after that video of him with a shaved head defending teachers, the next he's in a dark room secret poker game that involved drugs and violence. Speaking of which, why won't Hollywood penalize Damon and DiCaprio and Ben Affleck? They have every right to do whatever they want. The problem is that A-Rod got snitched out and this is turning into a big story and he's going to be the scapegoat for the MLB. I wonder if this will get fans thinking that players gamble on games and a further investigation is necessary.

It's the difference between the 1919 White Sox and Frank Sinatra.

If I need to explain, I will.

Alex Rodriguez playing poker : Intentionally throwing the World Series :: Bourne Supremacy : The Manchurian Candidate?

I forgot you were a literalist.

Boiler Room: The Red Sox' wild ride at the deadline to sign draftees

ALEX SPEIER

Five years from now, it may prove the case that 10 minutes of utter chaos were responsible for determining the future shape of the Red Sox.

This year’s August 15 deadline to sign draft picks – or, more specifically, the deadline at 59 seconds past midnight on August 16 – featured a pressurized atmosphere akin to a boiler room. That was true for a number of clubs throughout the game, and it was most certainly the case for a Red Sox team that went down to the wire on six different negotiations with potential draftees.

This was no small matter. The Sox viewed this draft as a potentially pivotal one for the organization.

The team had parted ways with three of its top handful of prospects in the deal for Adrian Gonzalez in the previous offseason. This draft, in which the Sox had four of the first 40 selections, was an opportunity to replenish the farm system.

But in order for that to happen, the Sox would need to sign their picks. And doing so this year represented a challenge unlike any other that the team has experienced in recent memory.

Entering August 15, eight of the top 11 Sox draft picks remained unsigned. The team had committed to pursuing the best players on their board, rather than players who would sign eagerly.

The result was a wild confluence of negotiations that brought the Red Sox front office into a state of furious animation in the minutes leading up to midnight on the deadline day....

Read whole article...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2011/08/23/boiler-room-red-sox-wild-ride-deadline-sign-dr

• 2 weeks later...

How about that Adrian Beltre?

2000 hits, 300 HR, 1000 RBI and he's 32

backup-infielder--adrian-beltre-texas-rangers.jpg

Magic Number: 12

It is amazing that the strength of this club is the starting pitching...all 5 starters with 12 or more wins. CJ has become a true #1 rotation guy.

One can only imagine what this rotation and team would look like if Cliff Lee had resigned here. But it may have been the best thing for this club that he didn't.

And now that the Rangers are back in the money and not afraid to spend it, I'm wondering if there might be a Pujols or Fielder in our future.