• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that more home runs than singles?

I think that was Jay Buhner's forte.

Adam Dunn having 27 more K's than total bases just blows my mind. That is Dave Kingman territory. He did it 3 times in his career, but he wasn't one to work the count. I love how Kingman played in all four divisions in 1977, failed in all of them, and became a bit of a legend the next season.

A lady friend asked me if I wanted to go to yesterday's DJ3K game (albeit 3 weeks ago). Had a work conflict at the time so I declined. Got a text from her yesterday saying "wish you were here". Took me a few minutes to realize where here was stunned.gif I totally could've gotten outta work. Oh well. At least I get paid to watch baseball.

Baseball nerds' favorite night of the year...HOME RUN DERBY

just waaaay too long......did enjoy the cano win though........muted (i have a special chris berman mute button)

Chris Berman is the biggest ass whip on television. The camera angles that EPSN chose were horrendous. But I loved watching Gonzalez and Cano slug it out.

Since the home run derby is just glorified batting practice I'd like to see the gods of the genre, guys who hit 'em 500+ feet on the regular before game time. All Stars or not, make it a lineup featuring Howard, Fielder, Dunn, Stanton, and the-back-from-the-abyss Wily Mo Pena. He can't hit or take a walk to save his life, but nobody hits a ball farther than Wily Mo.

Seems like nobody told Joey Bats this was an exhibition game...

Reason # 43 to hate teh Yankees

84 players were chosed to the all-star team.

79 players made the trip to Phoenix.

Of the Five that were choses, four were Yankees.

Wow.

Plus the Mets are sending $5.5 million to Milwaukee to pay the remainder of K Rod's salary this year.

I wonder how long before they deal Reyes

Did not see that coming. It will be interesting how he is used in conjunction with Axeford.

Financially speaking, the Brewers are better off letting Axeford close. If K Rod finishes another 21 games his $17.5MM option kicks in. Short of that, he gets a $3.5MM buyout.

Chris Berman is the biggest ass whip on television. The camera angles that EPSN chose were horrendous. But I loved watching Gonzalez and Cano slug it out.

I actually work in the same building where Berman's office is. He really is an asshole, besides being a blowhard, one trick pony.

But it's not an exhibition game

Well...technically it is AND it isn't. But I didn't see anybody lower a shoulder on those plays at the plate.

• 2 weeks later...