How about: The negotiations have a 3-2 count with the bases loaded.

Good ol' Commissioner Bud has said he might step in to mediate. I think Boston is looking at what the White Sox got for Ozzie and are thinking they should get a better package than one similar to that, especially since Epstein wants to bring a few of his staff with him to Chicago.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable series so far. I'll be at the Ballpark Saturday night. Can't wait, because after this win, that place is going to be rocking.

It has had a bit of everything that is fun about baseball. (If Ogando doesn't make those two bad pitches...)

If the Ranger's bats heat up, it might be a nice weekend in Arlington.

http://www.chicagotr...0,2913884.story

Theo resigns from Sox and joins the Cubs, compensation yet to be determined.

Problem is, they are still going to play most of their home games in the daytime. (I'm not proclaiming to be an expert on that matter. A former major leaguer lectured me on the problems of having one's schedule disrupted by playing all those day games in Wrigley.)

Problem is, they are still going to play most of their home games in the daytime. (I'm not proclaiming to be an expert on that matter. A former major leaguer lectured me on the problems of having one's schedule disrupted by playing all those day games in Wrigley.)

Was partying at the clubs til 4 A.M. one of those problems?

Was partying at the clubs til 4 A.M. one of those problems?

Apparently it was for Hines Ward and the Steelers. (Story from the SuperBowl here this past year)

Do clubs in Chicago stay open until 4AM?

Closing Time in Dallas in 2AM.

Memo to Ron Washington

Re: Albert Pujols

DO NOT PITCH TO ALBERT PUJOLS!

Have a nice day.

Pujols can be pitched to. Holland did fine tonight. You just cannot throw him cheese over the plate. That first tater Pujols hit Saturday was magnificent.

Wash...overthinking again?

That would be a ...no

Edited by Crow Daddy Magnus®

By the way, I did not make it to too many games this year. Only 3. All three were Matt Harrison starts. All three were Rangers' losses where the opposing team scored in double digits.

10-3 to Toronto on April 26

13-2 to Boston on August 24

16-7 to St. Louis on October 22

So should I avoid attending all Texas games in the future or just ones in which Matt Harrison starts?

By the way, I did not make it to too many games this year. Only 3. All three were Matt Harrison starts. All three were Rangers' losses where the opposing team scored in double digits.

10-3 to Toronto on April 26

13-2 to Boston on August 24

16-7 to St. Louis on October 22

So should I avoid attending all Texas games in the future or just ones in which Matt Harrison starts?

Well...Matt Harrison has generally been pretty good. So...

Do clubs in Chicago stay open until 4AM?

IDK. Even if you leave the club just past 2, after getting a ride home and maybe a little late night action, the ones who are partying aren't going to sleep until around 4, only to have to get up 5 hours later. It'd be difficult to maintain stamina in the heart of summer living that lifestyle. Mickey Mantle was special, I guess.

The record books show the Cubs having very good yearly win totals in the first twenty years of Wrigley. Since 1940 success has only come in very small patches. The modern era has not been good to the Cubs for whatever reasons: pitching, management, nightlife, that stupid goat, whatever.

IDK. Even if you leave the club just past 2, after getting a ride home and maybe a little late night action, the ones who are partying aren't going to sleep until around 4, only to have to get up 5 hours later. It'd be difficult to maintain stamina in the heart of summer living that lifestyle. Mickey Mantle was special, I guess.

The record books show the Cubs having very good yearly win totals in the first twenty years of Wrigley. Since 1940 success has only come in very small patches. The modern era has not been good to the Cubs for whatever reasons: pitching, management, nightlife, that stupid goat, whatever.

For the first 20 years the Cubs were in Wrigley, everybody played day games all the time.

Cubs fans can blame the goat or Bartman all they want, but the one real constant in the Cubs reign of mediorcrity is day baseball.

For the first 20 years the Cubs were in Wrigley, everybody played day games all the time.

Cubs fans can blame the goat or Bartman all they want, but the one real constant in the Cubs reign of mediorcrity is day baseball.

yeah right. good one.

Pujols can be pitched to. Holland did fine tonight. You just cannot throw him cheese over the plate. That first tater Pujols hit Saturday was magnificent.

I am not saying intentially walk him every time, but Pujols can change the game with a swing of his bat, why give him anything to hit. Last night the Rangers pitched around him and he went 0-2 with 3 base on balls. The Rangers won that game. With Holliday batting .168 why even give him anything to hit, ever?

As we enter the bottom of the ninth...my blood pressure and heart rate are through the roof.

Seen a LOT of baseball in my 40 years of following the Rangers.

If Feliz can close this on out...