• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outtafuckingsight!

I've had my room booked since August. My daughter's getting married next summer, I've been holding my fingers crossed it was going to be this June weekend and not August! Wooohooo!

Cool! We booked our room a week or so ago. I had a feeling it would be that weekend.

So now we have the Hold the Date announcement, next question is when, and how, will they announce the lineup?

Was it SS'15 they announced the lineup alphabetically? Was that on Facebook? That's the only announcement "event" I recall. Anyone recall how the other lineups were announced? I hope they have some fun and games prepared for this one.

Just locked in a 7 bedroom house that is 40 minutes away in Pittsfield. We have 7 adults and 4-7 kids going so our usual VIllager Motel in Williamstown wasn't going to be viable (just too many of us). We have the house Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. I am looking forward to coming into the area a day early; I did that in 2011, and it was great to get settled in before Friday. Hoping for a Steeple Cats home game on the Thursday night - I dig watching New England Collegiate Baseball League games.

stayed in Pittsfield last SS and on hold for re-booking for 2017. Shaker Village is interesting for a visit, and if you're feeling like some treetop challenges/ exercise/ excitement, i highly recommend Ramblewild!

My wife and I will be staying outside of town as well for this one. How is traffic coming into and leaving the site each day? We're flying into Boston the day it starts and I'm sure we'll go to wherever we're staying first. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything. 

I stay over in Williamstown/Hancock, never have an issue getting into/out of town. Then again I arrive early and take my time getting out, so I'm usually not in whatever the rush hour is for this event. Just obey the speed limit the whole way! Lots of places between Williamstown and North Adams for police to park their cars and wait for speeders to zip by.

Since the last couple of SS's have featured a theme (covers/acoustic shows), what if any do you all think this year's theme will be? Does the "We're bringing our friends" tag line hint at a full-album performance of Being There, now that they've broken the full-album seal (Star Wars)? Or something else entirely? A full set of guest sit-ins?

Guest sit ins could be cool. I imagine the covers set was A LOT of work but since it's been 4 years I wouldn't mind that again. 

Jay and Jeff play UT songs.

Don't tease me with that! 

Jay and Jeff play UT songs.

If so, I'm sure they would've teased us with "We Must be High" in the advertisements  ;)

Thanks for the info on Williamstown / Hancock! I appreciate it. 

I'd LOVE to see a covers night in person. I know some people bellyached about it the first time around but in all honesty that would have been mindblowing to see. We'll all see Wilco do a regular set several more times in our lifetimes. All covers would have been insane. I was wondering about the Friday night set as well and was thinking all UT songs would be awesome. Guest sit ins would be cool too but it's hard to get excited about that not knowing who else is going to be there.