Other ideas:

Full album play (as already mentioned...play Being There)

All acoustic

Cover an entire album by somebody else (as Phish has done on halloween shows)

Symphony & Wilco (as many other bands have done - MMJ, Metallica)

In the round on Joe's Field

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to realize that a choreographed dance routine is the best option. Jeff and co, if you're reading this, please make this happen. The world needs to see Nels break loose. 

Other ideas:

Full album play (as already mentioned...play Being There)

All acoustic

Cover an entire album by somebody else (as Phish has done on halloween shows)

Symphony & Wilco (as many other bands have done - MMJ, Metallica)

In the round on Joe's Field

I think they should play the new recored that is to be released in the Spring 2017 in its entirety.  "Songs or Whatever",  and maybe even give us a sample of the the songs from their Summer 2018 recored that they have already titled.  "Meet the Beatles." That would really be a special SS-V!  

My wife and I will be staying outside of town as well for this one. How is traffic coming into and leaving the site each day? We're flying into Boston the day it starts and I'm sure we'll go to wherever we're staying first. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything. 

traffic hasn't been an issue in my two experiences (stayed in Bennington and Pittsfield), thought lots of two lane back roads and varying speed limits - keep an eye out for Johnny.

Depending on time of arrival, parking at one of the lots and bussing in/out makes the most sense, in my experience.

Guest sit ins could be cool. I imagine the covers set was A LOT of work but since it's been 4 years I wouldn't mind that again. 

I was thinking the very same thing! There are so many great songs to choose from, and it got the audience involved in such a fun way, with making suggestions beforehand and then hoping your choice would be among the selections! Plus, is there anything this band can't do? I love seeing them stretch out and strut their stuff!

yeah if anyone was complaining about the covers set, they were in the distinct minority. that set ruled.

my head almost exploded in the photo pit when they played "Cut Your Hair." 

I think the problem is that if you only got to see the Friday night show, there was only one Wilco song. It was a fun set, but to be quite honest, some of us younger fans will never have the same breadth of music history to fully appreciate the set because we can only hear and love so much music. I enjoyed the set, especially the double "And Your Bird Can Sing", but the touring shows are not getting longer and the amount of songs by the band is not getting shorter. I would much rather see a full album set than another covers show. I would also be open to a hybrid of sorts or the band covering a distinct album so fans could listen to it before seeing Wilco play it live. They're an inventive band, and I look forward to seeing what they can come up with, but my favorite Solid Sound was 2011 when it poured and we got two distinct set lists that featured songs like "Hotel Arizona", "On & On & On", and "Hell is Chrome", all songs that are some of my favorite songs of all time and all songs that they don't really play in our area as much.

I think the problem is that if you only got to see the Friday night show, there was only one Wilco song. It was a fun set, but to be quite honest, some of us younger fans will never have the same breadth of music history to fully appreciate the set because we can only hear and love so much music. I enjoyed the set, especially the double "And Your Bird Can Sing", but the touring shows are not getting longer and the amount of songs by the band is not getting shorter. I would much rather see a full album set than another covers show. I would also be open to a hybrid of sorts or the band covering a distinct album so fans could listen to it before seeing Wilco play it live. They're an inventive band, and I look forward to seeing what they can come up with, but my favorite Solid Sound was 2011 when it poured and we got two distinct set lists that featured songs like "Hotel Arizona", "On & On & On", and "Hell is Chrome", all songs that re some of my favorite songs of all time and all songs that they don't really play in our area as much.

Well said! I'm 50 with 25+ shows under my belt and a longer listening experience (i believe- maybe not better, but probably longer- haha), and hadn't considered your perspective.

I truly believe the "Kovers II" idea is simply some of us being giddy, and I might venture my humble opinion that  the boys are not in the habit of repeating themselves so specifically.

And christ, i hopeTP is wrong.

I honestly don't think we'll get a second covers night. I can hope all I want but I don't think that would happen. I don't think that Friday will be anything that they've done before either. I guess that's what makes this part so exciting. We now know it's happening but we don't know what we'll get. This is my first time going so I'll take what I get and like it and the only thing I can base things off of is what's been done before. If they do a whole album approach I hope it's more than one because while Being There is probably my personal favorite I'd be disappointed if that's all there was because that would be a short Friday night compared to other Wilco shows I've seen. Let's at least double up on releases if they do entire albums.

The covers set in 2013 was awesome. I don't think they're ever going to think up a covers setlist where everyone knows and likes every song. Though I wasn't there, listening to the recording of Wilco covering The Stones, Pavement, Dylan, Young, Daft Punk, The Band, and The Beatles in one concert is pretty cool. 

I think the problem is that if you only got to see the Friday night show, there was only one Wilco song. It was a fun set, but to be quite honest, some of us younger fans will never have the same breadth of music history to fully appreciate the set because we can only hear and love so much music. I enjoyed the set, especially the double "And Your Bird Can Sing", but the touring shows are not getting longer and the amount of songs by the band is not getting shorter. I would much rather see a full album set than another covers show. I would also be open to a hybrid of sorts or the band covering a distinct album so fans could listen to it before seeing Wilco play it live. They're an inventive band, and I look forward to seeing what they can come up with, but my favorite Solid Sound was 2011 when it poured and we got two distinct set lists that featured songs like "Hotel Arizona", "On & On & On", and "Hell is Chrome", all songs that are some of my favorite songs of all time and all songs that they don't really play in our area as much.

are there people who go to SSF for only one night? Seems weird to me.

and i am surprised at the number of people who are not impressed with "Color Me Impressed." granted it's not my fave Replacements song either but it's no "Gary's Got A Boner" or "Shooting Dirty Pool." And Tommy Stinson played on it!

and i am surprised at the number of people who are not impressed with "Color Me Impressed." granted it's not my fave Replacements song either but it's no "Gary's Got A Boner" or "Shooting Dirty Pool." And Tommy Stinson played on it!

That's all I'm saying, it's not among my favorite Replacement songs. I'm certainly not complaining about anything about that show.

Hootenanny is my least favorite Replacements album. Gary's got a boner  or tommy gets his tonsils out would have at least been funny. Would have loved something from Tim, Pleased to Meet Me, or even Let it Be.

They didn't play the best Kinks song either. Would have preferred they cover Strangers (like Golden Smog) or something off Arthur or Village Green.

I think my other complaint about the covers show, was they seemed to play them without much interpretation. I realize they played a long set of nothing but covers, so I'm sure it was difficult just learning all those songs, but I would have liked a little more than straight covers.

Finally, the second night show, while good, was missing a lot of YHF and AGIB material from my memory. Which in turn was disappointing. For a festival where Wilco was the main event, I kind of felt we missed a good bit of what made them special live.

Now, that being said, the festival itself was incredible, but in no way would I say it was my favorite Wilco performance, on either night.

Is there a pretty good chance we will see two nights of Wilco and one Tweedy performance like last time?

I was just thinking, there are rumblings of a new Loose Fur record in the not so distant future...

Hootenanny is my least favorite Replacements album. Gary's got a boner or tommy gets his tonsils out would have at least been funny. Would have loved something from Tim, Pleased to Meet Me, or even Let it Be.

They didn't play the best Kinks song either. Would have preferred they cover Strangers (like Golden Smog) or something off Arthur or Village Green.

I think my other complaint about the covers show, was they seemed to play them without much interpretation. I realize they played a long set of nothing but covers, so I'm sure it was difficult just learning all those songs, but I would have liked a little more than straight covers.

Finally, the second night show, while good, was missing a lot of YHF and AGIB material from my memory. Which in turn was disappointing. For a festival where Wilco was the main event, I kind of felt we missed a good bit of what made them special live.

Now, that being said, the festival itself was incredible, but in no way would I say it was my favorite Wilco performance, on either night.

Wow, tough room!

Listen to us with our firstWilcoWorld problems. I hope everyone gets there safe and the eletricity dosn't give out.

Oh, and "No Rain!' (but as hopes go, the first two are non-negotiable.)