understood, i'm way ahead of the schedule curve, but any info or rampant speculation re: dates?

I apologize- it got warm on the east coast today....yay!!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be mid July or so. 

But on the off years, why not just play a one off concert on Joe's field? They don't need to have an opener, they dont need to make it a festival atmosphere, just 2 and half hours of rocking in a city they clearly like. 

But on the off years, why not just play a one off concert on Joe's field? They don't need to have an opener, they dont need to make it a festival atmosphere, just 2 and half hours of rocking in a city they clearly like. 

They did a benefit in 2012 at Mass MoCa, though it was indoors, not on Joe's field. 

They did that in 2012, not in Joe's Field but in the Hunter Center. It was a charity event. Lots of fun in a very crowded room, despite poor sightlines and not so hot sound quality. Edit: Sorry, knotgreen and I crossed in the mail!

I was at that Hunter Center show. I was right up front so my sightlines were good, but the sound wasn't very. Went to Hartford the next night and saw them in one of the best sounding rooms I've been in, was quite the juxtaposition.

Never too early to think about the next SS.

I was at that Hunter Center show. I was right up front so my sightlines were good, but the sound wasn't very. Went to Hartford the next night and saw them in one of the best sounding rooms I've been in, was quite the juxtaposition.

Never too early to think about the next SS.

Wasn't that Hartford show great?  Indoors, in the summer, on a Tuesday, I think.  

I was at that benefit show as well. 

If they're playing North Adams i'm in, no matter what. 

By suggesting the field I was just thinking that was a way for fans to get their fix but without the logistical difficulties of putting on the full fest. We wouldn't have to worry about the blanket mafia. The hotels might not realize that they can jack up their rates 4000%. Everybody wins. 

• 1 month later...

On January 23, 2014 they announced the 2015 dates >> https://www.facebook.com/solidsoundfestival/posts/509656332485087

"Mark your calendars: Solid Sound - Wilco's Music and Arts Festival - will return to MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA June 26-28, 2015. We'll spend 2014 roaming the planet in search of inspiration, musical and otherwise, to help us make the 2015 edition the best SSF yet. Sign up for updates and check out festival photos at solidsoundfestival.com"

o.O

In light of Courtney Barnett's recent appearance at the Loft and photo of CB3 with Tweedy, I sure am hoping for a CB3 appearance at SS'17.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be amazing! :D I hope to see O'Rourke too ;D

• 1 month later...

Just got a heads up about this place from the place we stay in Williamstown. Looks like a fun stop for #solidsound17! http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/massachusetts/canopy-walk-ma/

Yes, any new addition to this thread makes my heart jump, too.

Last year, my daughter and I did Ramblewild and it is totally fantastic. They have multiple "trails" that are marked per difficulty, much like ski slopes. Creative, challenging, exhausting, and best of all in a totally sustainable environment. Maybe 25 minutes from North Adams and well worth it, We hope to be back next summer!

Just got a heads up about this place from the place we stay in Williamstown. Looks like a fun stop for #solidsound17! http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/massachusetts/canopy-walk-ma/

This looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I will try to add this onto the SSF Thursday or Monday to-do list.

Last year I made the mistake of waiting until Monday to check out the Van Gogh exhibition at The Clarke as a last thing to do before leaving town. Unfortunately, the Clarke was closed Mondays in June. Hopefully, this changes. At least every other year.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2386221

Stone School Cottage in Lanesborough, MA

An old work friend of mine made it out to The National show at Mass MoCa a few weekends ago & I saw that he stayed there. It's very quaint, but a decent looking option. I don't think that there's a thread solely for Solid Sound accommodations, so I'll leave it here.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2386221

Stone School Cottage in Lanesborough, MA

An old work friend of mine made it out to The National show at Mass MoCa a few weekends ago & I saw that he stayed there. It's very quaint, but a decent looking option. I don't think that there's a thread solely for Solid Sound accommodations, so I'll leave it here.

Looks like a nice place.  I'll definitely look into it ... if we ever get an announcement.  :ermm

We are having absolutely perfect early summer weather in the northeast this weekend too. Sunny and warm (low 80s) but not blistering hot. Make it happen again next June!

This will be the first SS my wife and I will be able to attend. It's driving me crazy that no info has been announced yet even though it's still a year away. We are in a strange spot financially right now where we could actually put a deposit down on a place to stay while in town if we knew the dates! Regardless, it's exciting to think I'll finally be able to make one this time.

• 4 weeks later...

It's depressing to be done with this year's Newport Folk Festival and not have next year's Solid Sound on the calendar yet.  

I'd be much happier if this weekend's "summer hiatus" email had given any hints/reassurances that SS would return in 2017.