Favorite All-Time Musician

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a hard one, because I can think of so many -- and many from different styles of music that are hard to compare to one another. And each for different reasons.

But, overall, if I had to pick just one...

Tom Zé

An impossible task. But if I have to name just 1, would go with Garcia.

BTW Mr. Legthigh, I love your Hidalgo pick!

He might have been my pick even if the only thing he did was sing... but then you throw in his prodigious musical talent (guitar, fiddle. accordion) and then throw in his songwriting...

Here he is over 30 years ago.

He might have been my pick even if the only thing he did was sing... but then you throw in his prodigious musical talent (guitar, fiddle. accordion) and then throw in his songwriting...

Great song. And he was buddy's with Jerry.

Wow, we were all so young once.

As my buddy Bob always says, "Lobos is a goddamned national treasure." I love those guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete Townshend, even if all he did was write Quadrophenia. Throw in Who's Next, and thenTommy... Who comes up with such epic material in just a 3-4 year period?

Los Lobos... I've been following those guys for a long time. Kinda forget they were so young and baby-faced with full heads of hair not that long ago. Or, shit, 1987 now is a long long time ago. So glad they are still at it, and cranking out new music from time to time. One Time One Night is one of the all-time best songs ever. Will the Wolf Survive is another great one.

Jerry. On and off the stage the guy was a pleasure to behold. I could listen to him talk for hours.

I love all the GD guys, in varying degrees! But being in the room with Jerry was something I can take with me the rest of my days. So yeah, Jerry!