LP11 Speculation

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to the installation at Solid Sound, but it makes me hopeful that they'll include 5.1 mixes on future "deluxe" editions of Summerteeth and YHF (and everything else for that matter).

Don't get your hopes up, Tom said they only mixed these 3 songs and specifically for the demo, there are no plans to release them.

The Jeff Tweedy store now says "Ode to Joy" with an e-mail option: https://jefftweedystore.com The cached version of the page on Google is indeed the preorder page for the Warm/Warmer combo pack. Could this be in regards to the new album? What does it all mean?! The page looks like a placeholder, though it's weird it says Ode to Joy. 

Kind of reminds me of Schmilco where we were able to internet sleuth some listings for the new album prior to announcement. Maybe.

Thanks to Dan on the Facebook group for noticing this. 

^ Cool! I remember the clever sleuths found the album & song titles on some page where songwriters get credit for their published works. The name of the site escapes me. I think I took a few screencaps.

Edited: it’s interesting to note that around this time in 2015 Star Wars dropped. Pretty sure it was a Thursday night. July 16th it dropped.

Someone also mentioned on the FB page that Mojo magazine said that they’d be reviewing new Wilco next month.

It’s really amazing to think about how prolific Jeff has been in the past 5+ years. Sukierae, SW, Schmilco, Warm, Warmer, and now a new Wilco album? All of them ranging from pretty good to great too!

It’s really amazing to think about how prolific Jeff has been in the past 5+ years. Sukierae, SW, Schmilco, Warm, Warmer, and now a new Wilco album? All of them ranging from pretty good to great too!

Plus he wrote and produced a whole Mavis Staples album in 2017. Darn impressive.

Ha. You got me there. Autobiography. I stand corrected.

Now for a new thread: "Whose biography would you like to see Jeff Tweedy write"

I'll go with Jim O'Rourke

I wanted to throw out a non-musician, but I guess I’ll go with either Richard Thompson (or maybe Nick Lowe)...

I’ve only seen the screenshot of the countdown clock. I’ve watched the video twice and can’t see anything. I hear sound though. It has to be new album related or an announcement. Maybe a single. It is odd that it mentions the WilcoWorld signup page for their mailing list.

Someone over at FB said the new album might be titled The Garden. Not sure if they got that from Tom Schick.

Just remembered that they showed a video with “Before Us” at Solid Sound and it ended with “New Album” on the screen. Maybe an album announcement that way tomorrow?

Track listing:

Bright Leaves

Before Us

One and a Half Stars

Quiet Amplifier

Everyone Hides

White Wooden Cross

Citizens

We Were Lucky

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

Hold Me Anyway

An Empty Corner

If my memory serves, wasn’t Everyone Hides a Tweedy song?

Track listing:

Bright Leaves

Before Us

One and a Half Stars

Quiet Amplifier

Everyone Hides

White Wooden Cross

Citizens

We Were Lucky

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

Hold Me Anyway

An Empty Corner

If my memory serves, wasn’t Everyone Hides a Tweedy song?

Yup