7 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

Good show but you have to keep in mind it is really about the choreography and dancing. She also gets on very late. She is playing a ton of hits which is unusual for her shows. It was entertaining but I’d say the hits were mostly from her late 80’s mid 90’s which is actually my favorite period of hers. She got on 1030 and played until 1245 🤪. If you get a good price and can get by on a little sleep the next night I say go for it. 

Thanks. We'll see how the health stuff is going. Dealing with 3 major issues, 2 old 1 new. that would  make shows tough. Getting old isn't for the meek!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Thanks. We'll see how the health stuff is going. Dealing with 3 major issues, 2 old 1 new. that would  make shows tough. Getting old isn't for the meek!

I hear ya the next day is tougher than it used to be 😕good luck with the health! 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Charlatans/Ride 

Did you really go almost three weeks without seeing live music?!?!  That doesn't seem possible.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Did you really go almost three weeks without seeing live music?!?!  That doesn't seem possible.

Ha ha 😂 yes January Feb are historically slow months for most touring bands. My spring however is pretty light at the moment too! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This afternoon I'm going to see Illinoise - a theatrical adaptation/musical based on Sufjan Stevens's album of the same name.  

• Like 2
On 2/4/2024 at 8:38 AM, Chez said:

This afternoon I'm going to see Illinoise - a theatrical adaptation/musical based on Sufjan Stevens's album of the same name.  

How was it?

1 hour ago, nalafej said:

How was it?

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It was not what I was expecting.  I had assumed that it was going to be a play with the actors breaking into songs off the album (like in a musical).  Instead, there was no spoken dialogue at all.  There was an excellent hybrid band/orchestra with three singers.  They played the entire album faithfully (quite well IMO) and there were about a dozen characters/dancers who kind of danced the "story" as told by the songs.  I left hoping that Sufjan gets the chance to see this either in Chicago or in NYC (where it is headed next).  I think he would be happy with how it came out. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chez said:

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It was not what I was expecting.  I had assumed that it was going to be a play with the actors breaking into songs off the album (like in a musical).  Instead, there was no spoken dialogue at all.  There was an excellent hybrid band/orchestra with three singers.  They played the entire album faithfully (quite well IMO) and there were about a dozen characters/dancers who kind of danced the "story" as told by the songs.  I left hoping that Sufjan gets the chance to see this either in Chicago or in NYC (where it is headed next).  I think he would be happy with how it came out. 

Very interesting! I did think it was more like a musical.

• 2 weeks later...