• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

I'm a few days late because how do you folks keep up with yourselves? Anyway this is 4 days past but I'm still starry-eyed and dazzled from last Friday, seeing the brilliant Evie Sands and band at The Mint, a tiny club in L.A.

From the moment their set began, I was transported, outside myself and totally happy. You music addicts know exactly what I'm referring to. I was just so happy it was stupid. What an amazing and connected band Evie has, and what a force of nature she is!!!

When they come around, you go see them. Don't miss them. Wow. I still can't keep the smile off my face. This is what music is for.

Love you, Evie! Rock on!!!

20231202_000515.jpg

20231201_234618.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, brownie said:

That is very mysterious.  LOL. I love Beach House.  I have no idea where you are seeing them tonight. LOL

They added a very last minute show at noon it went on sale for that evening at TV Eye in Queens! It was 🤩! Sorry didn’t know you were a fan 😫

• Like 2
1 hour ago, remphish1 said:

They added a very last minute show at noon it went on sale for that evening at TV Eye in Queens! It was 🤩! Sorry didn’t know you were a fan 😫

No need for a sad face, I wouldn’t have gone all the way to Queens to see them anyway. :)  I just wondered where it was because when I saw your post I poked around a little to see where it was and couldn’t find anything. Glad the show was good.  I have never seen them.  I will check your YouTube channel! :)

Edit: I’m curious, where was it announced? When I looked yesterday, it wasn’t on their website, nor on their instagram, nor on Brooklyn Vegan. I’m pretty sure I’m on the email list for TV Eye as well, although I don’t get a lot of email from them.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Beach House played Sub Pop's 30th anniversary party & it was great. The label took over the beach about 2 miles down the road from my house & the show was free. There were multiple stages & Beach House played last.  It was pretty funny when Beach House played there was so much fog on the stage that you couldn't see the band. Very reminiscent of early Jesus & Mary Chain.. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

How was it? I heard she was performing without a band. Is that the case? I was thinking about it as my friend is way into the 80s stuff but I'm not wild about the no band concept.

Good show but you have to keep in mind it is really about the choreography and dancing. She also gets on very late. She is playing a ton of hits which is unusual for her shows. It was entertaining but I’d say the hits were mostly from her late 80’s mid 90’s which is actually my favorite period of hers. She got on 1030 and played until 1245 🤪. If you get a good price and can get by on a little sleep the next night I say go for it. 

• Like 1