• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Wilco at the Amp!

Posted Images

Just back from Dinosaur Jr , who teased a couple verses / minutes of Inna Gadda Da Veda (sic) for a few verses as first encore hahahaha. Lou said Iron Butterfly was from Harrisburg. Methinks he was puttin us on. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

Cut Worms. I missed most of their set at Solid Sound last year, so I'm excited.

I'm jealous! They are playing in L.A. on the 22nd but I just have too much going on to go, I think. I look forward to your review!

15 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

The National (Homecoming festival - Day 1); w/ Patti Smith, The Walkmen, et al 

I found out 2 nights ago through the YouTube comments of the Space Invader video that Laugh Track (their next record) was due out sometime this month. Maybe even as soon as next week. Could it be true?…I saw that they were road testing a bunch of new songs this past summer. And I had read that they recorded enough tunes for another record. 

As I was checking Google for tonight’s setlist, it looks like they announced the new record at tonight’s gig. And it’s coming digitally late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Awesome! 

Really nice looking setlist you got! All of High Violet! 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, u2roolz said:

As I was checking Google for tonight’s setlist, it looks like they announced the new record at tonight’s gig. And it’s coming digitally late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Awesome! 

Really nice looking setlist you got! All of High Violet! 👍

Yes! They even had some pre-press copies of it at the show (The VIP folks, of which I am not one) allegedly got a copy in their swag bags.  GA in November I think?
And High Violet is where I started with them so it is still my sentimental favorite... and after hearing it all live, will continue to be my overall fave.  2.5 hours / 29 songs... at a festival! Really great show. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, calvino said:

How was it? Need to catch a flight, so I didn't see it. Would have been great to see them at Fitzgerald's.

I loved it but I’m a big fan of his. 
He had a great band pulled together this run, and the new stuff was excellent. They did a wild extended Orchids and Bells Break Arms which I loved. 
Tim was in rare form - acting very professorial since it’s a big college town with IU (“ok who messed with my syllabus?” and “didn’t anybody do their homework? This hurts me deeply”). 
You could tell it was the last night of this little run. Very loose. Got to chat with everyone after the show too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

Be prepared to feel reallllly old.

I always feel old no matter what show lol! I have seen her maybe 4 times now biggest change in an audience in the shortest time. I saw her in 2018 and show was half sold (mostly 30/40 year olds in attendance) in a small venue. Saw her at radio city last year and was lot of teens. Not sure what changed but I still enjoyed it! 

• Like 2