• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Wilco at the Amp!

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Chez said:

Today there aren't as many artists whom I'm familar with.  I'm definitely going to check out Los Lobos and will hunt for some nice surprises.   

Nels sat in with Los Lobos for a few songs and pretty much burned the stage down.

• Like 2

what other songs did he play w/ LL? I was on the hunt for a lobster roll and caught the final "La Bamba/Like A Rolling Stone" song he was on w/ them. unfortunately he didn't come out in the first three and shooting from the crowd at NFF sucks ass. 

I did see him in the anchor tent before the show w/ Yuka when i was heading over for some oysters and i asked him who he was going to be playing with but he wanted to keep it a surprise. he did compliment me on my guided by voices shirt.

• Like 1

Saw Nora O'Conner, Uwade, and Andrew Bird at Out of Space in Evanston last night. A truly sublime night of music. I've listened to Bird lots but never seen him live outside of sitting in during Wilco's 2008 Winter residency. Unbelievable. A feast for ears, eyes, and soul.

Uwade is a young singer-songwriter. Only a few things out there online, but check her out. I hope she goes places.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chez said:

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - first time I've seen Bruce live since 1981!

78-81 Bruce was about the top of Mt Rock. I saw him 4 times in that period in theaters to arenas. I've seen him a lot over the years & he's never topped that for me. A few shows that stood out for me after 81 were the River tour in 2016 & the tour without E Street for Human Touch/Lucky Town. I got lucky & saw an excellent show on that tour. This year it was pretty good but there were a few meh moments. I won't spoil it for you. Will be interested in your thoughts. Enjoy the show!

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

A day late with this...the Baseball Project's tour opener in Birmingham. 

I have tickets to see them in Chicago/Evanston later this month and can't wait!  How was the B-Ham show?

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Chez said:

I have tickets to see them in Chicago/Evanston later this month and can't wait!  How was the B-Ham show?

It was an excellent show. The crowd was into it, the venue (Saturn) was great, and the band seemed to be having fun. After the show I met each of them. They signed a poster I bought at the show, and Mike and Peter signed my copy of Lifes Rich Pageant. Got pics with Mike and Scott also. I wanted badly to attend tonight's show in Atlanta and tomorrow night's show in Athens, but work wouldn't allow it. You'll enjoy the Evanston show. I'm sure it'll be excellent. 

• Like 4
On 8/10/2023 at 5:02 AM, brownie said:

I’m supposed to see Calexico tonight, but bad weather at exactly the wrong time may keep me home.  We’ll see.

I went and it was great!  I have fallen out of love with this band somewhat based on their direction over the last ten years or so, but last night I loved everything they played! (Feast of Wire 20th Anniversary show.). 

• Like 3

yeah i feel you on that... i also agree that FoW is their last truly great record and then it got spotty afterwards.

I still will never forgot the first time i saw them, must have been around '99 or so as they played "Glowing Heart of the World" which was on that Road Map cd; i think i bought a copy at that show. incredible song and i think that's the only time i have seen them play it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tinnitus photography said:

yeah i feel you on that... i also agree that FoW is their last truly great record and then it got spotty afterwards.

I still will never forgot the first time i saw them, must have been around '99 or so as they played "Glowing Heart of the World" which was on that Road Map cd; i think i bought a copy at that show. incredible song and i think that's the only time i have seen them play it. 

The opener last night was Brian Lopez, Calexico’s current second guitarist.  The band (minus horns) played with him for most of his set.  I thought he was fantastic.They played a Calexico-ized version of The Killing Moon!   I’ve been listening to his music today and a lot of it is similar to things I liked in old Calexico.  Sure enough, that version of The Killing Moon is on an album of his from about ten years ago. John Convertino plays drums and marimba on his current album, which explains a lot, but Brian is very, very good.  I had no idea!  You never know when suddenly something will come out of nowhere and knock you out.

I would bet money that’s John drumming on Brian’s album from ten years ago as well.

Totally agree with you about Glowing Heart of the World.