3 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

I'm seeing them in 2 weeks. Bought tickets 9n 2020 originally. Probably going to be the last chance to see them in the US.

I agree that this will probably be the last time in the US.  They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

How was Crowded House?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Alejandro Escovedo!

Posted Images

I was just writing it up. I was too tired yesterday as I had to get up early yesterday for a doctor appointment after getting home at midnight. The show was pretty good. I've seen them better but I chalk that up to it being night 2 of the tour & they didn't quite have the groove on. The new members were excellent with Liam Finn doing an entertaining solo opening set. Show was 2 hours on the button. Here's the setlist from setlist.fm. It looks like they're changing things nightly. PS: I go back with them to the first US tour.

1. Orgia da Malena
    (Ennio Morricone song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  4. (New song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  6. (With band introductions)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  9. (Split Enz cover) (Neil solo on keyboards, with Andy Griffith Show Theme whistled snippet)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  13. (Elroy on stand up drum kit)
    Play Video
  14. (With Rolling Stones’ (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction snippet)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  16. (Elroy back to regular kit)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  22. Encore:
  23. (Split Enz cover) (Followed by snippet of The Beatles' "Step Inside Love")
    Play Video
  24. (With Talking Heads’ “Once in a Lifetime”)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  • Like 4

Caught the last two Feist shows (Radius in Chicago last night & First Ave in Minneapolis Wednesday) - really creative show. On no mind alternating chemicals I was asking myself "is this real" for the first third of the show. I'd recommend catching her this tour even if you are only a very casual fan like me.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, chuckrh said:

How was the show? The setlist looked excellent.

Absolutely incredible. I don't know why I always go into a Cure concert with modest expectations. They never fail to blow me away. For years I've heard that Robert and the band have an affinity for New Orleans. That seemed apparent last night. I've never seen him so playful and animated on stage. It helped that a friend had an extra ticket on the second row, which gave me a sweet upgrade from my 100-level seat. They had two encores and played 29 songs, two of which hadn't been performed live in decades. My fandom had kinda lapsed over time, but it may have been reignited last night.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

Absolutely incredible. I don't know why I always go into a Cure concert with modest expectations. They never fail to blow me away. For years I've heard that Robert and the band have an affinity for New Orleans. That seemed apparent last night. I've never seen him so playful and animated on stage. It helped that a friend had an extra ticket on the second row, which gave me a sweet upgrade from my 100-level seat. They had two encores and played 29 songs, two of which hadn't been performed live in decades. My fandom had kinda lapsed over time, but it may have been reignited last night.  

Cool that you heard Six Different Ways! I’m going to all three NYC shows in June and can’t wait!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I'll see them with Finom opening in November in L.A. Who's opening for them now?

A band called Wild Pink from NYC opened.  I liked them though they didn't blow me away.  

NPs were great (as always).  New guy on sax and keyboards but I didn't catch his name.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Plumplechook said:

Very jealous!  Love the Pernice Brothers - wasn't aware of this reunion/album show.

It's a short tour: Boston and NYC.

But it was so good.  They had strings and a trumpet player.  They actually played it back to front because they said the flow was better.

One Wilco connection: Joe Pernice talked about each song and he said that the first time he played one of them he was still in the Scud Mountain Boys and they were opening for Wilco in Chicago in 1997.  

• Like 2