22 minutes ago, bcdoc said:

12 hours late: Eleventh Dream Day and Superchunk

Never been to the Square Roots Festival.  How was it?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

das Wilco's  

Posted Images

I was at Square Roots for those two sets too. It was great! The lovely weather helped, but the fest offers good site lines, is not jam packed and solid drink options. Both bands were really inspiring last night imo! Was curious to see Superchunk without Jon Wurster and it wasn't a big deal. Sounded tight and super energerized.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nalafej said:

I was at Square Roots for those two sets too. It was great! The lovely weather helped, but the fest offers good site lines, is not jam packed and solid drink options. Both bands were really inspiring last night imo! Was curious to see Superchunk without Jon Wurster and it wasn't a big deal. Sounded tight and super energerized.

Great shows. Managed to be up front, too. Jon Langford and Sally Timms from The Mekons joined Eleventh Dream Day.

• Like 2

Anyone else heading to Ft. Adams this weekend for the Newport FF?  My wife (and me), four kids and their significant others are turning this into an immediate-family reunion.   

22 hours ago, Chez said:

NFF Day 2:

Indigo De Souza

The Hold Steady

Angel Olsen

Aimee Mann

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

And More . . .

How was Angel Olsen? I have a chance to see her soon.

What a great lineup! Both days.

1 hour ago, kidsmoke said:

How was Angel Olsen? I have a chance to see her soon.

What a great lineup! Both days.

I opted for Jason Isbell over Angel Olsen - one of my wife's conditions of our marriage is that we must see Jason Isbell whenever he is within 200 miles of us :)(which is fine with me)   My kids saw Angel Olson and said she was great - Margo Price came out and sang a couple of songs with her.  My favorite set so far was by Mdou Moctar.  In a word "incredible."

Today there aren't as many artists whom I'm familar with.  I'm definitely going to check out Los Lobos and will hunt for some nice surprises.   

• Like 1