Last night: Cat Power Sings Dylan: The 1966 Royal Albert Hall Concert.

Really enjoyed it - partly because about halfway through a friend of a friend (who had some connection to the venue) found me a brought me to a seat in the very front row, right in front of Chan.  

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

A good run of shows for me.

Last Thursday: QOTSA

Last night: Todd Rundgren

Next Friday: The Beths (Liam Finn opening)

Next Saturday: The National (Fleet Foxes opening).

And two consective nights of Wilco next month (March 21, 22)

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Plumplechook said:

A good run of shows for me.

Last Thursday: QOTSA

Last night: Todd Rundgren

Next Friday: The Beths (Liam Finn opening)

Next Saturday: The National (Fleet Foxes opening).

And two consective nights of Wilco next month (March 21, 22)

Would've loved to see the Beths & Liam Finn. I've seen them twice & they were great both times. Liam Finn is interesting too.

10 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Would've loved to see the Beths & Liam Finn. I've seen them twice & they were great both times. Liam Finn is interesting too.

Looking forward to it.  I've also seen The Beths twice before and loved them - might just be my favorite band right now!  Seen Liam live a few times and he always puts on a fun and energetic show - particularly when he's doing his solo thing (which I assume he will be this time).

I don't see a lot of love for QOTSA on this board but jeez what a terrific live band.  Josh Homme is a force of nature and has charisma in spades.

15 hours ago, Plumplechook said:

Looking forward to it.  I've also seen The Beths twice before and loved them - might just be my favorite band right now!  Seen Liam live a few times and he always puts on a fun and energetic show - particularly when he's doing his solo thing (which I assume he will be this time).

I don't see a lot of love for QOTSA on this board but jeez what a terrific live band.  Josh Homme is a force of nature and has charisma in spades.

I like QOTSA plenty. I just got spoiled seeing them in small places in the old days. With exceptions, I kind of stay away from the arena/stadium shows. That being said, I got tickets in May for the Stones & Pearl Jam. Boom! There goes the concert budget for the summer basically. I did get $20 tickets for Particle Kid in April before Micah Nelson hits the road with Crazy Horse. Tiny club, more my speed. I've seen Particle Kid open for Flaming Lips & they were great. Some real fine records, too.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, chuckrh said:

I like QOTSA plenty. I just got spoiled seeing them in small places in the old days. With exceptions, I kind of stay away from the arena/stadium shows. That being said, I got tickets in May for the Stones & Pearl Jam. Boom! There goes the concert budget for the summer basically. I did get $20 tickets for Particle Kid in April before Micah Nelson hits the road with Crazy Horse. Tiny club, more my speed. I've seen Particle Kid open for Flaming Lips & they were great. Some real fine records, too.

Talk about blowing the concert budget: I put in for ten Pearl Jam shows in the fan-club lottery, and I won all ten of them. Ten shows, six cities, two countries, 27 days-- that's how I'll be spending the month of May.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Brian F. said:

Talk about blowing the concert budget: I put in for ten Pearl Jam shows in the fan-club lottery, and I won all ten of them. Ten shows, six cities, two countries, 27 days-- that's how I'll be spending the month of May.

I'm going to Seattle night 2 for Pearl Jam. Luckily my friend is paying for her ticket. It's the last show before they go to Europe. I go way back (prior to first record) with PJ. I can say that almost always the last show of a multi night stand is better. I'm looking forward to the new record. Loving the single. Sounds like will be real good live with that guitar solo at the end. Good luck on your trip. I used to do stuff like that in younger days. I can't physically or financially now. I did manage to go to both NIN shows in Oregon last tour. That was about the limit for me. Fantastic shows that were different from each other. If you need any pointers on Seattle, shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

Thanks. The good thing about this is that the shows are spread out, and two of them are in my city, so it's much less of an undertaking than it would be if I were going from city to city. I don't really like to be away from home and this allows me to keep coming home. I'll be in Vancouver for three days at the beginning, in Vegas for three days in the middle and in Seattle for three days at the end, but the other shows will each be less than 24-hour commitments.

I've been to Seattle a couple of times and really enjoyed it. I actually saw Pearl Jam there in 2009 when Backspacer came out. After these shows, I will have seen them 80 times, and the only reason that makes sense is that they mix things up so much from night to night. I commented here last fall when Wilco was playing in and around L.A. that they played something like 43 different songs across ten shows, but Pearl Jam the month before did at least 100 different songs across eight shows. (I was not at those particular Pearl Jam shows.)

I hope I will hear all of Dark Matter multiple times at these shows, just as I got to hear all of Cousin (except "Ten Dead") at the October Wilco shows.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Mary Timony

How was it?  I saw Helium (with Mary) at Peter Buck's bar in Seattle 23-24 years ago.  

• Like 1