So, Who's Got Tickets for live Wilco?

I'm still mourning the 3-show run I had tickets for last April, in L.A. Those shows were going to be Wilcoepic. Then Pandemia hit. :punch

I guess I need to finally let go of those shows. Besides, the ones ahead will be so exuberant and joyous, when they come. There will be big gratitude. So we move along.

Some of you have live shows on your calendars already....I don't, but I'm fully vaxxed and beginning to dream again! Someday, someday soon. 😊

Who's already going to see something? Wilco, or other bands? Are you excited?!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got tickets for my wife, son and I to see the Wilco/Sleater Kinney show in Atlanta in August.  I've been expecting it to be postponed again, but after yesterday's festival announcement for August, I'm starting to get really excited that it may happen.

It'll be my 11 year old's first Wilco show and we've got great 10th row seats.  He's listened to both of Jeff's audiobooks, and countless episodes of the Tweedy Show during the pandemic, so I think he's going to really love it.

I'm fully vaxxed, too, and that's the only firm tickets I'm holding onto but I'm itching for a show and am hoping to see something before then.

I have tickets for the Wilco/S-K show in Chicago on Aug 28.  With apologies to Lou Reed, I am "fully vaccinated, gassed, stoked and ready to go!!"

I also have tickets to see Drive-By Truckers in September and Jason Isbell/Lucinda Williams at the end of July. 

Got tickets to a handful of shows this summer.  I'm really holding out hope for the two Wilco shows, I don't think anything else will end up happening.

Chris Stapleton/Highwomen/Mavis - 7/17 Wrigley

Phish - 8/6-8 Deer Creek

Wilco/SK - 8/28 Chicago

Wilco/Trampled by Turtles - 9/17 Green Bay

I have tickets to see Jason Isbell at the end of July. Still waiting to see if this one will be cancelled/rescheduled. We had tickets for The Decemberists a few days later at the beginning of August but that tour has been cancelled recently.

I have three rescheduled shows from 2020 all happening within a 3 week period in late October/early November.  With my work schedule (teaching), I don’t know I could pull that off, even if it happens - 2 of the 3 are standing shows in clubs, one is a show in a church, with GA seating in pews.  We’ll see what happens, but I am not optimistic about attending all of them.

edit: none are for Wilco

I had tickets to three Wilco shows in the Bay Area for last March.  They were all "postponed", not cancelled, so technically I still have tickets for those.  Unfortunately, I have no idea when they're going to happen!

2 shows have been rescheduled to 2022 for me: Roger Waters & Chris Stapleton (with the Dirty Knobs!). I was going to get a refund on Stapleton if Mike Campbell was off the bill but he's still on. Roger Waters I scored really good reasonably priced seats. No announcement on Wilco or Drive-by Truckers yet.

Wilco/Sleater-Kinney Chicago in August.  I didn't have tickets originally (2020 show) so glad to get these.  Going with my wife, a couple of our kids, my brother, spouses, etc.  Will be a mini-family reunion for us.  Whoop-whoop!

I have tickets for Wilco at Merriweather, Riot Fest (Sept) and Watkins Family (Chicago's Old Town School), looking at the Black Crowes tour which is schedule to kick off in late June and Phish tour which kicks off July. Waiting to see how those latter bands/promoters handle those. Anxious about it tbh

Trey and Mike have both been quoted as saying summer is unlikely, maybe fall, and definitely 2022.  I honestly wish they would just rip the bandaid off and cancel already if its not going to happen.  I was supposed to go back to Deer Creek for the first time since 2010 and it bums me out that its likely not going to happen.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, brownie said:

I have three rescheduled shows from 2020 all happening within a 3 week period in late October/early November.  With my work schedule (teaching), I don’t know I could pull that off, even if it happens - 2 of the 3 are standing shows in clubs, one is a show in a church, with GA seating in pews.  We’ll see what happens, but I am not optimistic about attending all of them.

edit: none are for Wilco

What do you have lined up? I am grabbing a waxahatche ticket for jersey city oct 9  

1 minute ago, remphish1 said:

What do you have lined up? I am grabbing a waxahatche ticket for jersey city oct 9  

I nabbed tickets today for Waxahatchee in September, at 2 venues I couldn't choose between...The First Congregational Church of Los Angeles on the 24th, then out in the boonies of Pioneertown at the legendary Pappy & Harriet's the following night. We're inbetween the 2 venues. Gonna be a lot of driving for a couple days!

These may be my first forays back into live music. I can't wait, but it's going to be weird to have people close after avoiding them for over a year!

5 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Hoodoo Gurus at Webster Hall

Robyn Hitchcock at Outpost in the Burbs

Luna at White Eagle Hall

edit: Actually, they’re not as close together as I thought.  The first two are a week apart, but Luna is a month later.  

I never heard of Waxahatchee....

Waxahatchee is the stage name of songbird Katie Crutchfield.  She's really talented. Her latest album is called "St. Cloud" and is one of the year's best, honestly. Try the songs "Lilacs" or "Can't Do Much". The entire album is great.:yes

1 hour ago, brownie said:

Luna at White Eagle Hall

edit: Actually, they’re not as close together as I thought.  The first two are a week apart, but Luna is a month later.  

Ah at least two of those are Jersey shows shouldn’t be as bad 🙂hope all else is well?! 

1 hour ago, brownie said:

Luna at White Eagle Hall

29 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Waxahatchee is the stage name of songbird Katie Crutchfield.  She's really talented. Her latest album is called "St. Cloud" and is one of the year's best, honestly. Try the songs "Lilacs" or "Can't Do Much". The entire album is great.:yes

I heard a few songs on xmu on Sirius I like it enough and only 25 min from my house so I’m giving it a go 😎

On 4/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, nalafej said:

I have tickets for Wilco at Merriweather, Riot Fest (Sept) and Watkins Family (Chicago's Old Town School), looking at the Black Crowes tour which is schedule to kick off in late June and Phish tour which kicks off July. Waiting to see how those latter bands/promoters handle those. Anxious about it tbh

Thank for noting the Merriweather show. Still some good seats left.

We have tickets for two Wilco shows: A few weeks ago we scored greats seats for the Wilco/Sleater-Kinney show in St. Louis (August), and we have tickets for Wilco in Green Bay for September, which is a show rescheduled from last fall.

Our last show before the pandemic was Wilco (Madison), so it feels fitting for Wilco to be our first show back, too. Especially since the Tweedy Show provided near-daily sustenance in between!

On 4/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, kidsmoke said:

I nabbed tickets today for Waxahatchee in September, at 2 venues I couldn't choose between...The First Congregational Church of Los Angeles on the 24th, then out in the boonies of Pioneertown at the legendary Pappy & Harriet's the following night. We're inbetween the 2 venues. Gonna be a lot of driving for a couple days!

These may be my first forays back into live music. I can't wait, but it's going to be weird to have people close after avoiding them for over a year!

I’ll be at the Waxahatchee show at Pappy and Harriet’s also. I bought tickets long ago so glad to see it rescheduled. But it’s already looking like there will be a lot of show conflicts coming. OhanaFest, which I was considering going to, is also that weekend. Lucy Dacus also is playing around that time.

I’m still waiting for the Wilco and Pearl Jam shows I have tix for to be rescheduled.

• 2 weeks later...