Best. Song. Ever.

I would argue that the second side of Bruce's The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle--Rosalita, Incident on 57th St, NYC Serenade--is the most flawless side in all of rock music. That's a big statement, but I don't feel the least bit pretensious saying it.

Abso fucking lutely my friend. (the running order cited above slightly off: Incident on 57th Street, Rosalita, NYC Serenade).

And if Wild Billy's Circus Song had been held back and Bruce's version of The Fever had been the side one ender...Best Album EVER.

Those of you who are too young to remember Bruce before the pardoy enducing hysteria of Born in the USA may find it hard to believe that he was really something special. He had nuance that got replaced by bombast as he moved into the arenas. You want to see and hear something special, check out the dvd of his first night's performance at the Hammersmith Odeon. It blows every other artist out of the fucking water. And the ironic thing is Bruce thought this was one of his worst shows.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tough because I have "situational" best songs.

Best song that had the biggest influence on me? My Generation, The Who

Best three minute alt rock song that I would recommend to someone? Debaser, The Pixies

Best rock song? Rebel Rebel, David Bowie

Scratch all of that, give me anything from The Clash.

And if Wild Billy's Circus Song had been held back and Bruce's version of The Fever had been the side one ender...Best Album EVER.

That's my second favourite track on the whole album. It's definately an anomaly, not just for that album, but his whole career really; but, it's actually the first song I heard that stopped me thinking of him as that whole Born In The USA Bruce that my parents would play in the car, to being someone I could actually get into myself.

• 1 year later...
bob dylan's Visions of Johanna as recorded on the 1966 bootleg from the Royal Albert Hall concert. no matter what's going on, i always gravitate back to this track. breathtaking...

Yes! This is actually my 2nd favorite song ever. Numero Uno would have to be Madame George by Van Morrison.

Other notables for me:

Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland/Incident on 57th Street (depends on the day)

Palace Music - New Partner

Joni Mitchell - A Case of You

Flying Burrito Brothers - Sin City

Rolling Stones - Tumblin' Dice

Nina Simone - What More Can I Say?

and a newbie: LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Under Pressure - Queen n Bowie

Oh! and this :thumbup

Hotel California

don't know why, just what came up. awesome chord changes, twin guitar solo, joe walsh. what more do you need?

That, along with "Moon Dance" by Van M., should be banned.

It's not so much the cliche Pop but the absolute overplaying-ness of it that drives me absolutely batty. It's similar to my distaste for Bob Marley and The Doors due to the same reason.

Sorry.

On it's own- not a bad tune. But with it's history it gets heavy demerits. Imo.