:cheekkiss

Congrats on finishing your semester, Kate! I've read both Time Traveler's Wife and the Glass Castle. The Glass Castle is a memoir that can be a bit heavy at times so I don't think it's appropriate for right now. Time Traveler's Wife, on the other hand, would be a perfect treat for you. I loved it and I think you'd enjoy it.

I'll second the rec for The Time Traveler's Wife, especially if you have it on hand. Start reading :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kite20runneryn5.jpg

Halfway through this. A good read - although I'd like to punch the narrator (Amir) in the face. Not a very nice kid.

The New York Times just published its 100 Notable Books of 2007 (both fiction & non-fiction) at http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/02/books/re...books-2007.html (you may need to register to view, it's free)

I've found a lot of great books using the NYT list. I have lists saved back to the mid-90s for my library hold list - yes, I use the library instead of buying books, so I often request older books as the newer ones have a longer wait time.

47-1.jpg

I so want to read this.

Right now I'm juggling Douglas Coupland's JPod. something I've been meaning to read for about a year, and the short story collection by Miranda July that came out earlier this year.

Guest Speed Racer
Farewell to Arms - Hemingway

When I read that my sophomore year in high school, I definitely pronounced their drink of choice as "cog-nack" in my head throughout the bulk of the book, until my English teacher finally said "cognac" out loud in class one day. :lol

The Tyrannicide Brief - Geoffrey Robertson

this is an account of the life and times of the man who prosecuted Charles I... its particularly fascinating in regards to the present state of international law as it is applied to dictators such as Pinochet and Milosevic (great read if e.g. you've seen and enjoyed The Lsat King of Scotland)

Ooh, I didn't know about this - thanks.
I just sold my copy on eBay. I didn't really want to, but I needed the dough. :hmm

It looked really good...I managed to sneak it open and read one piece. I'll get a new copy next year.