I'll be busy gettin' hitched, not that I'd ever go to the 'Roo anyway.

Congrats!

I agree. While this sounds exciting, I don't know if I could deal with that anymore. Plus last time I went to Bonnaroo tickets were a little over a hundred. This year they're in the $250 range. Hopefully one of their tour stops will be close enough for me (and I'll be able to get tickets).

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like that she started posting the ad, stopped to check the availability of hotel rooms in the area, and then completed the ad posting. a simple "i checked and all hotels are sold out" would have saficed. also, there's just no reason to post their face pics. classic, just classic is right.

"the only time ill get psycho is when you dont get out ...AND WE DONT NEED THAT DO WE!!...So hit me up!! "

LOL, this line reminded me of the old Grateful Dead joke:

(Q) How do you know a Deadheads been to your house?

(A) They are still there !

Thanks A-Man.

Here's my two cents:

1. The demand for a Phish reunion is large enough that I am confident that, if they wanted, they could come back as headliners at their own festival, a la The Great Went, etc. The old phans might not show up, but I have to think there is a younger generation that never saw the band that would go in droves.

2. He may be right that this is where the industry is headed, but it's a bit unfair for him to blame Phish for doing what every other band in the world seems to be doing. And yes, the industry is about money now, but it was always about money. With some soul sprinkled in. And I don't think Phish is coming back "for the money" even if they are coming back to make money. If that makes sense. As a fan from years ago, the band has given enough to its base to have earned (no pun intended) the benefit of the doubt. Why isn't Lefsetz criticizing the Boss?

3. On the whole, I agree with him. Screw Bonnaroo. Phish should be coming back and doing their own festivals. There'd be no Bonnaroo without Phish.

I guess that's three cents.

Uhh, they MAY still do their own festivals. But that shit takes some serious planning. I know the folks who put together Rothbury and to put together a big festival takes a lot of time and lot of planning. Phish reduced the size of their organizations significantly when they broke up. It's smart, IMO, to do it right ... ESPECIALLY given the hard feelings many fans had after Coventry. I doubt I'd ever go to another Phish Fest (only went to Cypress), but there will be plenty of opportunities to see Phish (and not have to bowl, surf or ski at the same time) this summer. Trust me. ;)

I just want a tour... For the last several years I have feared that I would never get to see Phish live.. Well, I just might get to now.. Please tour.. Pretty please.. :pray

I second this one. Never saw them. Maybe my favorite band. I need to see them at some point. Please, please, please tour.

Uhh, they MAY still do their own festivals. But that shit takes some serious planning. I know the folks who put together Rothbury and to put together a big festival takes a lot of time and lot of planning. Phish reduced the size of their organizations significantly when they broke up. It's smart, IMO, to do it right ... ESPECIALLY given the hard feelings many fans had after Coventry. I doubt I'd ever go to another Phish Fest (only went to Cypress), but there will be plenty of opportunities to see Phish (and not have to bowl, surf or ski at the same time) this summer. Trust me. ;)

I agree with everything above. Maybe I wasn't clear. I dont think Phish should do their own festivals until they are ready to. As a survivor (barely) of Coventry and Big Cypress, the thing HAS to be done right. And I am confident that, in time, they will. I just happen to think that large festivals in general suck and Phish shouldn't share a bill or stage with anyone. So, if it were up to me, I'd prefer they play Deer Creek or Alpine Valley. No Bonnaroo.

I agree with everything above. Maybe I wasn't clear. I dont think Phish should do their own festivals until they are ready to. As a survivor (barely) of Coventry and Big Cypress, the thing HAS to be done right. And I am confident that, in time, they will. I just happen to think that large festivals in general suck and Phish shouldn't share a bill or stage with anyone. So, if it were up to me, I'd prefer they play Deer Creek or Alpine Valley. No Bonnaroo.

See you there! :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

Thanks A-Man.

Not sure that I am thrilled with any of the takeaways from that interview/article. I know that he won't show any of the cards from behind the scenes, but you certainly get the sense that the Hampton shows aren't his focus -- for family reasons and his own band. I had sort of hoped that the band was practicing around the clock to come back with a vengeance. Launch a crazy tour, release a CD, etc. At a minimum, learn from the post-hiatus shows and come back tight as ever. Doesn't really sound like there's a ton of focus. That has me worried.

And I understand the desire to be less involved in the day to day, and outsourcing merchandising, festivals, etc, to a company instead of Paluska, but to think of Phish becoming more of a mainstream act in that sense is sort of sad to me. Oh well. I remain cautiously optimistic, but this is the first behind-the-scenes glance I've gotten since Hampton was announced, and this is not all that encouraging. I guess I dont expect that they are at the point in their lives where they can practice 12 hrs a day in the Barn, but, man, if they come back, can it be a success any other way? At least for a crabby old timer like me? :lol

I've heard/read rumors about a 5-night run at Red Rocks....

Have not heard that yet. I know the Red Rocks concerts are usually announced in March or something. So far only the Mormon Tabernacle choir is confirmed for Red Rocks in June. Do they sell beer at that one?

Have not heard that yet. I know the Red Rocks concerts are usually announced in March or something. So far only the Mormon Tabernacle choir is confirmed for Red Rocks in June. Do they sell beer at that one?

I've heard rumblings from friends and it was in the Post today (as a rumor).

I've heard/read rumors about a 5-night run at Red Rocks....

If that happens I'll eat my hat.

I agree with what Matt said - this music isn't something you can just pick up your instrument and half-ass your way through. I hope they get a lot of time to work out the arrangements. Nothing worse than a sloppy Phish - few things better than a well-oiled Phish.

well said. i really hope they recapture some of that pride of being able to play the tunes with precision and feeling. i still have hope for this given trey's comments about wanting to play YEM every day for the rest of his life. i would be happy if the band chose 20 songs and just practiced the shit out of them and then slowly adding other songs over time (instead of going out there and half assing it with long versions of Waves and Pebbles and Marbles. my hope that the list would be as follows:

Mike's

Curtain

Slave

YEM

Divided Sky

Esther

Bowie

Antelope

Squirming Coil

Reba

Rift

Maze

It's Ice

Hood

Stash

Taste

Guyute

Limb

First Tube

Seven Below

If that happens I'll eat my hat.

I agree with what Matt said - this music isn't something you can just pick up your instrument and half-ass your way through. I hope they get a lot of time to work out the arrangements. Nothing worse than a sloppy Phish - few things better than a well-oiled Phish.

• 2 weeks later...