The Replacements Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap is the Ed Stasium mix of Tim brilliant! Give it a listen. It really pops out of the speakers. The keyboards on Here Comes a Regular are throughout the whole song, no just the end. I can see

Oh my this is so much better than I could have ever hoped it would be. This album has always been right at the top for me, the songwriting is that good, but the original production and mix always made

Just here to underline how fantastic the new Tim version is. It's not just that it's way better, it's now one of the best rock and roll mixes I can name: clear, vital, big and energetic. To think that

holy shit. The Replacements are playing The Sinclair (cap. of ~550 ppl) and Dinosaur Jr is opening. and it's free.

it's sponsored by Converse.... tickets available via lottery.... am trying to pull every string i've got.

other headlining shows in this series:

Descendents

Slayer

Chance The Rapper

Passion Pit

holy shit. The Replacements are playing The Sinclair (cap. of ~550 ppl) and Dinosaur Jr is opening. and it's free.

it's sponsored by Converse.... tickets available via lottery.... am trying to pull every string i've got.

other headlining shows in this series:

Descendents

Slayer

Chance The Rapper

Passion Pit

Today's announcement says "enter to win".  I can't figure out how to do that, other than to sign up for the newsletter.  Is that the "entry"?

It's going to be crazy trying to get tickets.  Everyone I know is calling in any favors they might have. 

Are y'all entering with multiple email addresses?  It does say one entry per person but I feel like my work person is different than my home person. 

:) everybody gets Replacements for their birthday this year, apparently.

Except everyone in Boston.  Lots of grumbling - and sour grapes - about their club show here next week.  People who got into the 525 person club are thrilled and everyone else who is shut out is frustrated.  

It's hard to make everyone happy. I was shut out the first go around and was trying to find a ticket.  After seeing them at Riot Fest (a huge festival in the mud), I am happy to see them in a club with real floors.  After awhile the Replacements may become like the Pixies I suppose. a tired old act that reunited and has worn out its welcome.  But for now they are the hottest ticket in the country.

LouieB

Except everyone in Boston.  Lots of grumbling - and sour grapes - about their club show here next week.  People who got into the 525 person club are thrilled and everyone else who is shut out is frustrated.  

Even those with tickets are being told it's first-come, first-served.

I saw these guys in Denver a week ago.  It totally lived up to my hopes and dreams of seeing the Replacements.  Not sure about how a new record will go.  All the music blogs have been talking about how they debuted a new song, "Whole Foods Blues".  Having heard the song, I'm not sure it's the serious "leak" of new material they're hyping it as.  More of a comedy blues jam.  I imagine they'll have some less tongue-in-cheek rockers to offer though.

I saw these guys in Denver a week ago. It totally lived up to my hopes and dreams of seeing the Replacements. Not sure about how a new record will go. All the music blogs have been talking about how they debuted a new song, "Whole Foods Blues". Having heard the song, I'm not sure it's the serious "leak" of new material they're hyping it as. More of a comedy blues jam. I imagine they'll have some less tongue-in-cheek rockers to offer though.

Yeah, just kind of a standard 12 bar blues with funny lyrics but nothing special. Great show though.