Dear Via Chicago Community,

I know you'll all be as distressed as I was to hear that our dear Pillowy Star (Dunja) has had a traumatic event in her life over the past weekend....her daughter Tara was involved in a horrible car accident. Now, put your hearts back in your chests where they belong....Tara is ok, though hurting plenty. I didn't want to leave you hanging, wondering.

Tara was with her boyfriend, and they hit a tree. Luckily for him, there was a driver's side airbag, so his injuries were minimal. Tara, the passenger, had no airbag, but fortunately was wearing her safety belt. Still, the impact snapped her forward and she struck her face on the dash. She was in the ICU for 30 hours, and has, as you might imagine, horrible bruising, swelling, and black eyes. The CT scan just done today has revealed that she does have two broken facial bones, but since the bones didn't displace, no surgery will be necessary. She's had some facial numbness, but it doesn't appear that the damage is anything permanent. The scan also revealed two broken ribs.

Amazingly, Tara has been up walking a bit, and may soon be released to go home, but I'm sure our poor Dunja has aged about 20 years from the ordeal. Nothing like sheer terror over one's children to make those grey hairs appear!

I know you will all want to hold Dunja, Tara & family in your hearts and thoughts and prayers as Tara recovers and Dunja begins breathing again.

Dunja, all my deepest affection and well-wishes for Tara's swift recovery.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, crap - that rots. Best wishes and the most effective of vibes.

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Dunja, much love to you, Tara and the rest of your family right now. I'm so relieved that Tara's prognosis is good, but I hate that you and your family are going through this.

Donna, thanks for the head's up.

Wow, I can't even imagine! Amazing that she's been up and walking already, shows what a strong-willed and spirited young woman she must be!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Tara and for Dunja to breathe a little easier if possible...

{{{{{{{{{the best of vibes}}}}}}}}}}}

by the way kidsmoke your easter photo rocks

The full picture is even better.....the whole band with chicks and butterflies and ducklings and Easter stuff....but it is the band circa about 2002, with LeRoy, Jeff, John & Glenn, so is rather outdated. Perhaps I'll be inspired sometime to make a new one. Nels would be adorable in bunny ears.

In the full picture, Jeff is gazing at a butterfly.

I'm sure Dunja will be gratified by the outpouring of support here. With these kind of get-well vibes, I'm sure Tara will recover in record time. :thumbup

Best wishes being sent for a quick and complete recovery! Take care Tara, Dunja, and family. :hug