A Thread for Musical Blasphemy you Truly Believe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the band from those freecreditreport.com commercials has more substance than vampire weekend.*

*burn.

:worship

In honor of the new record, which sounds like it could be badass:

Though not as culturally imporant, Elvis Costello is a better all-around songwrtiter than Bob Dylan.

Elvis Costello is the only elderstatesmen still putting out legimately very good/great music--the stones, dylan, the who, mccartney, etc. are getting rave reviews because of their past work/nostalgia.

Elvis Costello is the only elderstatesmen still putting out legimately very good/great music--the stones, dylan, the who, mccartney, etc. are getting rave reviews because of their past work/nostalgia.

I am going to disagree. Modern Dylan is awesome sauce.

Time Out of Mind-"Love & Theft"-Modern Times is Dylan's best trifecta since Bringing It All Back Home-Highway 61 Revisited-Blonde On Blonde

Then again it probably isn't so heretical to say that.

Bob Dylan only gets good reviews because of nostalgia. He's retreated into the blues because his voice has turned to shit.

Death Cab For Cutie has good music, but the most annoying front man in recent memory...therefore ruining the entire band

I like The Eagles.

I miss pre-AGIB Wilco.

Jimi Hendrix is a horrible songwriter.

Elvis Costello is better than Bob Dylan.

Wilco is better than Bob Dylan.

Bruce Springsteen is better than Bob Dylan.

The National is good.

Radiohead's amazing, but greatly overrated.

Thom Yorke is an odd duck.

Paul McCartney > John Lennon

About 50% of Ryan Adam's music is absolute shit.

Bono is cool.

Johnny Cash never wrote a good song.

Nels, Pat, and Mikael could have never joined Wilco...and I would be okay with that.

Warren Zevon's an amazing songwriter...but I always think he's better than he is...

Jay Farar is gross.

Not only is Van Halen a better band than the Velvet Underground, they are way more culturally and musically influential and important.

thems fightin werds

Well, he's an artist I rarely listen to, but my late uncle was a big fan and he introduced me to him and I spent a lot of time when I was younger listening to his records with him, so they have a lot of emotion attached to them that I can't get away from.

I am going to disagree. Modern Dylan is awesome sauce.

Time Out of Mind-"Love & Theft"-Modern Times is Dylan's best trifecta since Bringing It All Back Home-Highway 61 Revisited-Blonde On Blonde

While by no means bad, they are all mostly blues songs and in a way charlie patton tribute records. There is no way they deserve the 5 star raves rs gives them. Perhaps 3 1/2 stars, but not, imo, by any means excellent or even very good.

Bob Dylan only gets good reviews because of nostalgia. He's retreated into the blues because his voice has turned to shit.

Death Cab For Cutie has good music, but the most annoying front man in recent memory...therefore ruining the entire band

I like The Eagles.

I miss pre-AGIB Wilco.

Jimi Hendrix is a horrible songwriter.

Elvis Costello is better than Bob Dylan.

Wilco is better than Bob Dylan.

Bruce Springsteen is better than Bob Dylan.

The National is good.

Radiohead's amazing, but greatly overrated.

Thom Yorke is an odd duck.

Paul McCartney > John Lennon

About 50% of Ryan Adam's music is absolute shit.

Bono is cool.

Johnny Cash never wrote a good song.

Nels, Pat, and Mikael could have never joined Wilco...and I would be okay with that.

Warren Zevon's an amazing songwriter...but I always think he's better than he is...

Jay Farar is gross.

Ya te digo! :worship

The first album I ever bought was Sgt. Peppers.

The Soundtrack.

You know, the one from the movie featuring the BeeGees, Peter Frampton, and umm, George Burns covering "Fixing a Hole."

There, I said it.