A Thread for Musical Blasphemy you Truly Believe

Beck has never made a "great" album, Odelay is particularly far from it, and Guero is closest to it!

Pet Sounds: Greatest Beach Boys album. Not of all time.

The Zombies 'Odessey and Oracle' is an okay album from the 60's. A similar example of an overblown okay album is 'In an Aeroplane Over The Sea' from the 90's.

Weezer didn't go downhill after such-and-such album, they always sucked.

The 70's were a better time for music than the 60's

The 00's have been better than the 70's!

The Decemberists and The Arcade Fire are in a neck and neck race for the biggest bullshit band since U2. Watch out for newcomer Vampire Weekend.

How was Sufjan's Illinois ever considered by anyone the best album of 05? Seriously. When was the last time anyone made it through the thing start to finish? Seriously.

Nigel Godrich and David Friddman have only done disservice to the two bands they owe their livelihood (Radiohead and Flaming Lips, respectively).

And at the risk of losing anybody I haven't already alienated: Deerhoof is the most creative rock band since The Beatles.

I enjoyed this post immensely. I don't agree with most of it but enjoyed the spirit nonetheless.

Except for the Weezer statement: If you were a candidate and this was one of your talking points I'd probably vote for you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Dylan is the most overrated (musical) artist of all time.

Led Zeppelin was a cruddy band, and Robert Plant is an awful frontman (don't even get me started on Jimmy Page).

Sgt. Pepper's is the worst Beatles album. By far.

Once you get past the southern-rock-revival-for-hipsters schtick, Drive By Truckers have a bunch of really boring songs.

Meg White's drumming is perfect for the White Stripes sound.

I would rather listen to a 14 year old novice guitar player testing out a BC Rich/Line 6 combo at Guitar Center than listen to Eric Clapton. Feel free to also substitute Stevie Ray Vaughn and/or Carlos Santana for Eric Clapton.

Green Day is a good band.

Barenaked Ladies are a far better band than most people give them credit for, and they're one of the best live acts out there (they give Wilco a run for their money).

Beck has never been anything more than an average talent.

The original Fleetwood Mac version of "Black Magic Woman" is about ten times better than Santana's.

I love the early Nicks/Buckingham era of Fleetwood Mac, but "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" is better than any song Fleetwood Mac ever recorded (except possibly that original "Black Magic Woman").

I would rather listen to Lindsey Buckingham play guitar than Eric Clapton.

The Clash were the better overall band, but Stiff Little Fingers were the better punk band.

By far, the best band to come out of the Seattle area was The Posies.

David Crosby is one of the best singers in rock history, and he still has every bit of his voice.

Billy Bragg is a better songwriter than Jeff Tweedy.

My statement: I have severely overrated this board's collective taste in music. :P

Seriously though, I must say I'm impressed with the civility of this thread. These sorts of things often spiral into flames. Nice job, VC!

I'm not sure Jay Ferrar is in UT or SV. I do like Jay Farrar a lot, however.

J. Ferrar makes clothing and shoes that you can buy at dept. stores.

While I realize their influence on rock and roll, and well, pop culture as we know it, I just plain don't like the Beatles. And I'm really tired of Ringo making top 25/top 50 great dummer lists.

If Jack White would have been making music like the new Raconteurs album all along, I would be waaaaaaaaaay into him.

I really do hate Bon Jovi-for reasons I can't explain. I don't think it really has much to do with the music, either.

I haven't really enjoyed a ryan adams album since Heartbreaker

I think my morning jacket sounds like the poor man's neil young

I probably don't like the arcade fire because I saw them open for somobody when they were nobodys and said This is shit.

Roots Revival is on the way back!

'Dance' Music is Boring

You're just Pretending to like 80s music

I LIKE dylan's self portrait.. mostly

My statement: I have severely overrated this board's collective taste in music. :P

Seriously though, I must say I'm impressed with the civility of this thread. These sorts of things often spiral into flames. Nice job, VC!

Stick it up your ass Syzlak!