It may be my favorite. My opinion is that it is as good as We All Belong. I haven't heard their earlier albums.

Thanks. I did correct myself above: I meant Easy Beat, not the self titled one (that I listened to last night and enjoyed). I also have We All Belong and will play it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Beat was quite enigmatic and mind blowing for me at the time. The others, while they are great records, haven't really touched that level of inventiveness. I think they got kind of safe after that record, not as much spontaniety and experimentation.

I felt the same way when I first heard it, but now I think it's my favorite release of their's. It has a lot more depth than We All Belong. Definitely a more mature effort.

I felt the same way when I first heard it, but now I think it's my favorite release of their's. It has a lot more depth than We All Belong. Definitely a more mature effort.

I agree. It grows with each listen.

The magic of this band doesn't only remind me of Wilco, but of the Band, and even the Beatles and the Zombies. I mean, they're creative, and you feel it, it gives that vibe I got when I first heard Summerteeth (which itself gave me Rubber Soul vibes).

Who sings in this band? He's comparable to Richard Manuel and Rick Danko in some way.

I agree. It grows with each listen.

The magic of this band doesn't only remind me of Wilco, but of the Band, and even the Beatles and the Zombies. I mean, they're creative, and you feel it, it gives that vibe I got when I first heard Summerteeth (which itself gave me Rubber Soul vibes).

Who sings in this band? He's comparable to Richard Manuel and Rick Danko in some way.

Scott (guitar) and Toby (bass) both sing. On We All Belong and Fate, the albums start out with them singing every other song. We All Belong - Toby on odd numbers and Scott on evens until the middle where it flips (I forget who sings Weekend, but Scott definitely sings 7. Ain't It Strange). Fate is Scott on odd numbers and Toby on evens (there's a two in a row somewhere but I forget)

Toby has the rougher sounding voice, more Band-like, where Scott's reminds me more of the Beatles.

"Easy Beat" was finally released on vinyl recently for those who don't know. Can't wait to see them in December in DC.

• 2 months later...
Hey Folks!

Happy New Year to all. We just got back from Australia which isn't the worst place to spend a few weeks in January seeing as how its a tropical paradise down there. Only two shark bites to report. We'd like to thank our good friends the Black Keys who were nice enough to let us open for them. Great dudes, great music. Good on ya. There's some photos of the trip on myspace if you wanna see em:

myspace.com/drdog

We're gearing up for what's looking to be a pretty great spring and whilst we can't give you all the good news, we can give you a lot of it. We've got some great bands out with us with the likes of Drug Rug, Golden Boots, Cave Singers, and Floating Action all doing shows. Check out tour dates below. All February shows are onsale now. All April shows will go onsale this Saturday!

All shows are listed below. For details on the shows or to buy tickets, go to DRDOGMUSIC.COM

Wed February 11, 2009 Raleigh, NC - The Pour House

Thu February 12, 2009 Asheville, NC - The Grey Eagle

Fri February 13, 2009 Athens, GA - Tasty World

Sat February 14, 2009 Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge

Sun February 15, 2009 Charleston, WV - Mountain Stage - Cultural Center Theater

Tue February 17, 2009 New Orleans, LA - One Eyed Jacks

Wed February 18, 2009 Tallahassee, FL - Club Downunder

Thu February 19, 2009 Ybor City, FL - Crowbar

Fri February 20, 2009 Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room

Sat February 21, 2009 Orlando, FL - The Social

Sun February 22, 2009 St. Augustine, FL - Cafe 11

Mon February 23, 2009 Charlotte, NC - Visulite Theatre

Tue February 24, 2009 Charlottesville, VA - Gravity Lounge w/ Drug Rug

April 2009

Fri April 3, 2009 Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club

Sat April 4, 2009 Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace

Mon April 6, 2009 Columbus, Ohio - The Basement

Fri April 10, 2009 Chicago, Illinois - Double Door

Sat April 11, 2009 Minneapolis, MN - 400 Bar

Tue April 14, 2009 Seattle, WA - Crocodile Cafe

Wed April 15, 2009 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom

Thu April 16, 2009 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore

Tue April 21, 2009 Austin, TX - The Parish

Thu April 23, 2009 Dallas, TX - The Loft

Fri April 24, 2009 Fayetteville, AR George's Majestic Lounge

Sat April 25, 2009 Birmingham, AL - Bottletree

Tue April 28, 2009 Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Chameleon Club

Wed April 29, 2009 Millvale, Pennsylvania - Mr. Small's Theatre

Also - if you can't wait or if you're just sort of curious, or if you're bored and happen to have a blazing fast internet connection, you can watch the last show we played in Austin here:

http://www.baeblemusic.com/concertvideo/Th...ish/DrDog.html#

See you Soon

@....@

....@

I've looked around but can't find which opening acts are for which dates. I'm assuming by the announcement that Seth Kauffman/Floating Action will more than likely open for Feb. How about the rest?

Anyone know something more concrete?

I've looked around but can't find which opening acts are for which dates. I'm assuming by the announcement that Seth Kauffman/Floating Action will more than likely open for Feb. How about the rest?

Anyone know something more concrete?

It is on their website, but I don't see Floating Action on any dates. Weird? : http://drdogmusic.com/shows.shtml

Drug Rug for February. The Tampa show is Drug Rug & Win Win Winter.

April is Cave Singers and Golden Boots. Cave Singers will not be at Seattle or PA shows.

I'm thinking about doing the Andrew Bird/Dr. Dog double header in Chicago on April 10.

We have AB tix already, but Dr. Dog is one of those band's I've been wanting to see in a small venue for a while. Hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

The DD boys are hosting a live show on WXPN Philly right now. It's easy to find online. Sir Douglas Quintet as we speak. I'll be catching the Charlottesville show in a few days.

Guest Hollinger.
just remembered when Dr. Dog was here in fall of '07, was the same night as Wilco WITH Andrew Bird opening and that double header worked out fine :)

They played in Davenport the same night as the Wilco/Andrew Bird show and were scheduled to go on "whenever the Wilco crowd gets here."