Opening for Neil?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't bothered to read the whole thread, but I think giraffo's way off base on this one. Neil ranks up there with Dylan as guys that I think Wilco would be honored to open for. Yeah they're getting old but they're by no means irrelevant. NY's influence on UT and Wilco is pretty obvious and well documented.

If Detroit holds true that pretty much guarantees a Toronto date, I'll probably go twice!

I think Toronto and Winnipeg are pretty safe bets. I'm crossing my fingers for Vancouver.

(And as a proud mama, I just want to take this opportunity to brag that my 22 month old daughter can sing the chorus of "Only Love Can Break Your Heart." :wub)

Young better be playing Massey Hall if he does Toronto. If this falls in my winter break, I am seriously thinking about a major-ass road trip to Toronto to see Neil Young and Wilco. This. is. hotsauce.

I think Neil should just play Chrome Dreams all the way through. I don't care what he does after it.

Young better be playing Massey Hall if he does Toronto. If this falls in my winter break, I am seriously thinking about a major-ass road trip to Toronto to see Neil Young and Wilco. This. is. hotsauce.

I think Neil should just play Chrome Dreams all the way through. I don't care what he does after it.

I dunno I saw Neil last November on the Chrome Dreams tour at Massey Hall, it's easily my favorite venue in the whole world but I can't see Neil Young AND Wilco playing a venue in which they have both sold out. My bet is probably on something like the Hummingbird Centre (Sony Centre or whatever they call it now).

I say a week residency at the Chicago Auditorium!!!

Wilco did, what 5 nights? With Neil, in Chicago, they could easily do 2 weeks.

Also, Chicago would pull folks in from throughout the upper mid-west.

Neil is on record of saying he hates big, soul-less arenas, with shit sound, and a corporate name. His last tour was almost all historic theaters; Chicago Auditorium was the location of the very first CSNY show. The 2nd, Woodstock!

And, my favorite bit-- his 2nd Chicago show last 11/13, he did say he would be back and suggested perhaps he should have stayed longer. Bring it on!

:worship

I dunno I saw Neil last November on the Chrome Dreams tour at Massey Hall, it's easily my favorite venue in the whole world but I can't see Neil Young AND Wilco playing a venue in which they have both sold out. My bet is probably on something like the Hummingbird Centre (Sony Centre or whatever they call it now).
Neil is on record of saying he hates big, soul-less arenas, with shit sound, and a corporate name. His last tour was almost all historic theaters; Chicago Auditorium was the location of the very first CSNY show. The 2nd, Woodstock!

My dad was at that show at the Chicago Auditorium. If I recall correctly, they couldn't do an encore because they didn't know any more songs.

That's an honor that Miles let Neil play after him. When they billed the same deal with Steve Miller, he showed up late everytime so Steve would have to go first because he was a cheesy white motherfucker, or something like that.

Miles talkes about that in his autobiography. He thought Steve Miller was a hack. I don't think he commented on Neil, other than just to mention them as one of the rock bands they played with.

You don't have to like their music, but Rush has just as much integrity, and are worthy of just as much respect as Neil Young.

I respect any organic musicianship. However, the songs just don't do it for me.

I was merely thinking of Canadian musicians--how do you feel about Bryan Adams? :unsure

I respect any organic musicianship. However, the songs just don't do it for me.

I was merely thinking of Canadian musicians--how do you feel about Bryan Adams? :unsure

I only know one or two of his songs, and nothing about him as a person. His songs struck me as no worse than the typical Eagles song. Take away the '80s production sheen and he would probably be remembered much more fondly.

OMG! Detroit!!! Yes!

NOV-29 HALIFAX, NS METRO CENTRE

supporting Neil Young - Tix On Sale August 23

DEC-01 MONTREAL, PQ BELL CENTRE

supporting Neil Young - Tix On Sale September 13

DEC-02 OTTAWA, ON SCOTIA BANK PLACE

supporting Neil Young - Tix On Sale August 22

DEC-04 TORONTO, ON AIR CANADA CENTRE

supporting Neil Young - Tix On Sale August 22

DEC-07 DETROIT, MI THE PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS

supporting Neil Young - Tix On Sale September 12

DEC-12 PHILADELPHIA, PA WACHOVIA SPECTRUM