Why "Please Be Patient With Me" is the greatest song on earth

I have posted rarely and lurked often. This is very hard for me...

I never thought I would follow Jeff into treatment. It was not me...could never happen to me...and yet it did. Slowly and surely, I developed a habit that I could not control... I stopped 3 weeks ago but realize I need more help and so I am going in to treatment for the next 2-3 months.

Telling my family was the hardest thing I have ever done. Their faces are etched into my brain forever ...

I go in tomorrow and will not really be able to see any responses, if any, from you.

Here it goes: I love every Wilco album and at first, was disappointed with SBS. But I have listened to nothing else for 2 weeks and this song hits it point blank for me... Tweedy is the best songwriter I have heard in years and I suspect I am older than most of you. Hell, my daughter is older than most of you. For those not happy with SBS, I understand. But please also know that Jeff writes from the heart and what he feels and this song does more for me and my family than I could ever express. God be with you, Jeff, and the community. Keep me in your prayers and I hope to be well soon....

Guest Gym Teacher Man

Vibes man. I hope you find whatever it is you need to push passed the rough times.

Please Be Patient With Me is my favorite song on SBS because of its heart and honesty.

It is a brave thing you are doing, Doctor B. We wish you only the best, and look forward to seeing you here again soon - happy and healthy.

Best, MB & Poca

Right on, Doctor B. All the best.

It's a hell of a song.

Please Be Patient With Me

I should warn you

When I’m not well

I can’t tell

Oh, there’s nothing I can do

To make this easier for you

You’re gonna need to be patient with me

I’m this apple, this happening stone

When I’m alone

Oh, but my blessings get so blurred

At the sound of your words

I’m gonna need you to be patient with me

How can I warn you when my tongue turns to dust

Like we’ve discussed

It doesn’t mean that I don’t care

It means I’m partially there

You’re gonna need to be patient with me

on the road that is life, we can only go forward, there is no reverse.

good luck finding good health

Vibes, man.

I have also found this album to be comforting during tough times. "Either Way" specifically, even though it may seem simplistic lyrically on the surface. Sometimes the truest crap hits home the most. That song captures the whole idea of our inability to control everything in our lives. Great Record! and Good Luck!

Maybe the sun will shine today....

The clouds will roll away

Maybe I won't be so afraid

I will try to understand...

Either Way

(crazy simple and crazy good)

It is a great song, one of my favorites from the album. But more importantly, best wishes to you and your new beginning. Coming from the opposite side of the fence, I've spent many years of my life facing the addiction of someone I love. And the strength to coping with that and lending encouragement and support comes only through steadfast patience, and I hear those words often, "please, be patient with me...". So, sending much strength, courage, and patience your way.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from Il Postino. "Poetry doesn't belong to those who wrote it, but to those who need it."

that's a wicked awesome line.