New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think her voice would be too powerful?

I would not mind hearing Neko and Jeff but I agree with Lost Highway, not sure how it would work. Now PJ Harvey on the other hand...

Is there any connection between Jeff Tweedy and Neko Case at all? Neko herself says she felt completely removed from the whole alt-country scene in the '90s. They seem to come from a similar place in their musical style and ambitions, but do they even know each other?

Guest Jules
Is there any connection between Jeff Tweedy and Neko Case at all? Neko herself says she felt completely removed from the whole alt-country scene in the '90s. They seem to come from a similar place in their musical style and ambitions, but do they even know each other?

They both performed on the Johnny Paycheck tribute album.

can't wait to hear that duet even tho i'm not a big duet type of guy. also, that 'Bull Black Nova' song sounds like it has a lot of potential. i imagine it sounding like a hybrid YHF/ AGIB tune with some heavy Nel's guitar magic sprinkled on top.

ughh...this waiting is killing me!

The new Dylan's title didn't get announced until this week! It comes out in April! It seems pretty common these days to be able to create a lot of the hype in a very short amount of time.

In the new Rolling Stone magazine there is a Spring Music Preview. Wilco is one of the bands featured:

WILCO TITLE TBA> JUNE

Compared with the live vibe of 2007’s “Sky Blue Sky”, Wilco’s seventh set features more studio experimentation. “We wanted to go in there with more of an eye for sculpting something sonically,” Says Jeff Tweedy. But an early preview of the disc gives off a strong country vibe, with lots of pedal steel and acoustic guitar. Standout cuts include the mournful ballad “My Country Has Disappeared,” the Being There- style rocker “Sunny Feeling,” a duet with Fiest (“You and I”) and the band’s new unofficial theme, “Wilco, The Song,” which features the chorus “Wilco will love you.” Says Tweedy, “It’s really our best record yet.”