New album news!

Maybe you belong in tongue-tied lightning.

Not really, though. The new record is going to be boss. I heard there is a epic groove on track 9.

Have you heard it?!?!?!? Really?

I'm not optimistic now. Epic grooves need to come much earlier than track 9. This album is going to suck. Shit!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried avoiding the new songs, but I broke down this week. Many are good. There's still a slight stink of the last album, but the songs are to me, much more engaging than those on Sky Blue Sky. While I don't think this album will replace Summerteeth and YHF as my fav, it'll be a welcome addition my record collection.

I tried avoiding the new songs, but I broke down this week. Many are good. There's still a slight stink of the last album, but the songs are to me, much more engaging than those on Sky Blue Sky. While I don't think this album will replace Summerteeth and YHF as my fav, it'll be a welcome addition my record collection.

wait, how have you heard these?

wait, how have you heard these?

the live versions...sorry if you misinterpreted that...Wilco's played 5 new songs live, and Jeff's played an additional 3-4 solo. Almost all have been confirmed for the new album.

So would anyone care to hazard a guess at the tracklisting? What are the track 1-3 rulers, the middle-mellowers and the pick-it-up-at-the enders? And is track 6 actually called "Wow"?

Wilco the Song will open. I just have a strange feeling this one will start of with a more upbeat track not a ballad.

Wilco the Song will open. I just have a strange feeling this one will start of with a more upbeat track not a ballad.

That's what I'm thinking as well, it's either going to be first or last. Anywhere in between it's going to be taken seriously but, if they open the record with an uptempo Summerteeth-esque rocker about how 'Wilco will love you... baby' and then smack us in the face with some YAMF-esque song, it's a great way to start a record etc.

That's what I'm thinking as well, it's either going to be first or last. Anywhere in between it's going to be taken seriously but, if they open the record with an uptempo Summerteeth-esque rocker about how 'Wilco will love you... baby' and then smack us in the face with some YAMF-esque song, it's a great way to start a record etc.

I also have a feeling that a Wilco jam is going to become a staple of track 3 (Spiders, Impossible Germany.) which means "One Wing" fits the bill well for 3.

it's tough to sequence without hearing all the tracks in finished form. So far we only have 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the songs, and only 5 are full band...If I had the final mixes I could definitely figure it out better :-P lol.

Oh, I thought it would be a hidden track a la Candyfloss.:worried

I'm surprised at all the positivity about the duet with Fiest. Doesn't she sing that annoying 1,2,3,4 song on commercials? Guess there must be more to her than that if Wilco are into it though.

That song is alright. A bit overplayed maybe, but I never mind when it comes on. She's pretty great actually.

I'm surprised at all the positivity about the duet with Fiest. Doesn't she sing that annoying 1,2,3,4 song on commercials? Guess there must be more to her than that if Wilco are into it though.

What's not to like about Feist...that being said, what's so wrong with that song? I know it's overplayed, but it's a great pop song.

Feist has many better songs than '1,2,3,4.' If you're curious about her, you should listen to her album 'Let it Die.'

Pick any track you want. They're all great.

Her voice is amazing, and I'm so glad that Wilco have collaborated with her. I can't wait to hear it!

Not really a fan of Feist, but she has a nice voice, I think.

You know, I love Neko Case. I think her song writing powers are superior to Feist, and obviously her voice may be one of the best of our generation's- but I think Feist will make a better match for Tweedy's voice. She's got a certain roughness (smokiness?) that I imagine will suit a Wilco song well.

But wow, who would have thought that any duet would come up. This is going to be sweet.