The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

from Ryan's Facebook:

"Congrats Jamie C... After 4 years of production work we finished the infmous never-ending BLACKHOLE Record tonight! What a trip! Big love to the Candyman... WOOP WOOP ( or woot wut or something one of those kind of football noises here!!!"

from Ryan's Facebook:

"Congrats Jamie C... After 4 years of production work we finished the infmous never-ending BLACKHOLE Record tonight! What a trip! Big love to the Candyman... WOOP WOOP ( or woot wut or something one of those kind of football noises here!!!"

Well I hope these sessions leak cause I don't think anyone will hear them anytime soon otherwise. Here's hoping, but I ain't holding my breath.

I love most of what he has done, but I can't think of anyone else who announces completing a record and there is good reason to think that you may never hear it. If you do hear it will be sessions/demos that Ryan would of course say weren't actually the record.

I wonder if he even owns the masters to all the unreleased stuff?

I think all of that turned out to be something in his head, and not something that was actually going to happen. I can't recall exactly.

Ok - that was in 2007.

It looks like he is posting again:

Blackhole

It's true. It will be. But no one has any of the song titles right. It hasn't leaked ever. In fact probably 60 % of the boxed has never leaked. Any most of what has are very inaccurate mixes or demo's of the the actual recordings. Some of it people already have though so some will be mixed.

Star Wars and Breakdown are from Cardinals III/IV and the album has never leaked to my knowledge only really crude demos which don't even have the same lyrics.

So much work and so many years have gone into this.

There is also so much no one ever heard of like for instance the ORION project.

I guess it is too late now to really explain to anyone that ORION was just one of many projects found while digging and sorting through the rubble of the vaults. It's taking a lot of work hours to find everything and you know, somethings have to be on their own.

It's a lot of compartmentalizing

Edited by Analogman

I'm fairly certain that Ryan told us over at RAA that Lost Highway gave him all of his material after he decided to leave the Cardinals.

I'd be happy if we ever get to hear the actual Dear Impossible recordings, not demos, and the rest of that Hope album. Cardinals III/IV would be cool, too.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this "Orion" project is actually going to happen. Vinyl only as far as I can tell. Here's his latest post of Facebook "ORION is still about two weeks away. The packaging is kind of intense and took a minute to put together!!! Anyway- I will update you here when the Information One Sheet is uploaded to my website. Thanks for your patience, it is a lot of work doing this label but the goal is to make rad records and to keep it simple. Anyway- the One Sheet will cover all the details."

He calls it his "most legit METAL record to date." Hmmmm......

Check out a track from the album here: http://stereogum.com/298992/hear-a-song-from-ryan-adams-orion-his-most-legit-metal-record/mp3s/

Check out an outtake here: http://ryanada.ms/

Looks like this "Orion" project is actually going to happen. Vinyl only as far as I can tell. Here's his latest post of Facebook "ORION is still about two weeks away. The packaging is kind of intense and took a minute to put together!!! Anyway- I will update you here when the Information One Sheet is uploaded to my website. Thanks for your patience, it is a lot of work doing this label but the goal is to make rad records and to keep it simple. Anyway- the One Sheet will cover all the details."

He calls it his "most legit METAL record to date." Hmmmm......

Check out a track from the album here: http://stereogum.com/298992/hear-a-song-from-ryan-adams-orion-his-most-legit-metal-record/mp3s/

Check out an outtake here: http://ryanada.ms/

...but it's not really metal.

I've got doubts too. And if it's $25, that just makes it even harder. I hate to be so cynical, and I know that Ryan loves metal, but this feels like a bit of a spoof. I dont want to pay $25 for a spoof. I guess I can just try to pick up a copy after some of the tracks leak and I can decide if I like it.

(Because I am an idiot) I bought the vinyl yesterday. When it comes I will offer my thoughts. It comes with an mp3 download too so we can all talk soon. :)

you're not the only idiot...i bought the vinyl also...oh well...if it sucks there's always somebody out there that will pay double for my copy! haha

you're not the only idiot...i bought the vinyl also...oh well...if it sucks there's always somebody out there that will pay double for my copy! haha

I ordered as well, and I haven't even liked the guy's last two proper albums. Just couldn't help myself.

I ordered as well, and I haven't even liked the guy's last two proper albums. Just couldn't help myself.

I ended up getting this as well. if I can't get into the tunes, then at least I'll have a cool collector's item. can't really imagine not liking a DRA album being that I love everything he's done. yup, I'm one of those fans.