Yep - I was listening to Stewart's Atlantic Crossing this a.m. Always enjoyed the tune.

(Happen to go on Wiki to look up on the credits of Crossing and came accross Danny's Whitten's name)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - maybe I should have mentioned the Stewart info in my original post.

It's a shame that Whitten couldn't get and stay clean/healthy --- probably would have made a good bit of dough off the tune.

Seems like a really time for Neil not to either tour or release some music...I guess we will see him the RRHOF with Pearl Jam. 

I wonder what he is going to do next...Crazy Horse, CSNY, Solo, Promise......

that's the beauty of neil...always keeps us guessing!

No more Promise of the Real please. But that fact that I publicly just said that means we'll get at least 3 more NY+POTR albums in the next 4 years. Sorry everyone.

The release series disc 5-8 and Discs 8.5-12 box sets will finally see release on cd. finally. Apparently it's going to be put out in Canada on record store day and the USA in May. There are order links already available on amazon and i ordered one of each right away.

Regarding Danny, I always got the feeling that Neil saw Danny as his co-leader in CH. Letting him sing a song live is huge. 

I really hope Neil lays low for a while and work on some good songs. He hasn't produced a 'rea'l studio album in years. One with good musicians, a producer and good songs. Maybe Prairie Wind? Was listening to Silver and Gold the other day and it's very hard to believe that is the same dude who has put out Monsanto Years, Storytone, Peace Trail.  I've lost track.

Silver and Gold is 17 years old. and was created from old material

Rather than try and sit down and write a whole new array of material for what would become Silver & Gold, Young instead leaned heavily on material he’d kept stored up throughout the years to flesh out the bulk this new record. The title track and “Razor Love” had originally been written and performed live going all the way back to the early ’80s while most of the rest of the songs had been penned intermittently throughout the ’90s.

nobody who's close to or over 70 has ever made a great record. 

Silver and Gold is 17 years old. and was created from old material

nobody who's close to or over 70 has ever made a great record. 

That is True....Dylan Time out of Mind in 1997...he was almost 60 at the time.

Not sure how many great ones were made by a person (or group) over 40 years old.

If you look at the copyrights, only two songs were 'old' on Silver and Gold. Ironically, they were from the 80s! Silver and Gold, the song, was attempted for Old Ways. Even if S/G was all old tunes, it was produced well. Neil was actually playing his guitar.

Also, many creative types have a kind of comeback before the end. Regarding Dylan, would Tempest count? I know Neil has one in him.

• 2 weeks later...

My dog doesn't like Neil Young & Crazy Horse. Had it jamming nice and loud last night and she went and hid under the stairs.

• 1 month later...

Hitchhiker includes solo, acoustic songs recorded in 1976 at the Indigo Ranch Studios in Malibu, California.

I'm in as long as this is accurate and it's Neil Young circa 1976 and not Neil Young 2017.

• 3 weeks later...

Neil made statement that he is no longer involved with the Bridge School Benefit...crazy 30 years of shows.  I would love to see a list of artists that have participated.  I bet it is an incredible list of pretty much everyone in Rock and Roll.